BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Chesapeake Urology’s 10th annual ZERO Prostate Cancer Run Walk is set to get underway this weekend at Towson University’s Johnny Unitas Stadium.
The event will be graced by two-time World Series champion and prostate cancer survivor Ken Griffy Sr., singer and songwriter Jimmy Charles, Olympic runner Sanjay Ayre and WJZ’s Bob Turk will emcee the event!
In its 10th year, the ZPCC has set out to raise $600,000 to help fund critical programs and services to fight prostate cancer for men in undeserved communities throughout the greater Baltimore area.
The money raised will also aid in groundbreaking research to find a cure for the disease.
“Approximately 180,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year – one new case every 2.5 minutes – and more than 26,000 will die from the disease,” said Chesapeake Urology’s President and CEO Sanford Siegel, M.D. “This is a treatable cancer if found early. Chesapeake Urology is committed to finding a cure and saving more lives.”
There’s something for everyone at the vent on September, 25, 2016:
- A prostate cancer survivor breakfast
- ZPCC 10K and 5K run/walk race
- 1 mile fun walk
- Kids Superhero Dash for Dad
- 30 minute ZUMBA class
- Virtual Snooze for Dudes program (a virtual donation site for anyone who can’t make the race in person)
ZPCC Schedule of Events for Sunday, September 25
- 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Race Day Registration/Packet Pick-Up
- 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Survivor Breakfast
- 7:30 a.m. – Stage Program Start
- 8:30 a.m. – Run/Walk Start
- 10:00 a.m. – Kids Superhero Dash for Dad Start
Last year the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk event raised more than $500,000.
As part of our Continuing Community Commitment, WJZ is a proud sponsor of the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk
For more information on how to register CLICK HERE.