There is a new sport in Baltimore County: Avoid the Speed Camera!!! Fifteen speed cameras are now set up near area school zones in Baltimore County. Those cameras will begin issuing tickets today.
Motorists traveling 12-mph or more above posted limits will be sent tickets in the mail. Cameras will operate weekdays year-round from 6am-8pm.
The cameras will be place in the following locations:
- Lansdowne High School – 3900-block Hollins Ferry Road (southbound)
- Woodlawn High School – 1700-block Woodlawn Drive (southbound)
- Woodlawn Middle School/Woodmoor Elementary School – 3000-block Essex Road (northbound)
- Milford Mill Academy – 3800-block Washington Avenue (southbound)
- Wellwood International School – 2900-block Smith Avenue (eastbound)
- Old Court Middle School – 4600-block Old Court Road (eastbound)
- Rodgers Forge/Dumbarton Middle School – 200-block Stevenson Lane (eastbound)
- Halstead Academy – 7500-block Hillsway Road (southbound)
- Padonia Elementary School – 9800-block Greenside Drive (northbound)
- Dulaney High School – 200-block E. Padonia Road (southbound)
- Parkville High School – 2700-block Putty Hill Avenue (eastbound)
- Hawthorne Elementary School – 100-block Kingston Road (northbound)
- Sparrows Point Middle School/Edgemere Elementary School – 7400-block North Point Road (northbound)