Local

Hot Pipe Caused Fire That Killed 2 Md. Students

View Comments
frostburg students

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

FROSTBURG, Md. (AP) — An overheated pipe from a wood stove caused a fire that killed two Frostburg State University students.

Fire Marshals announced the cause of the fire Monday. Evan A. Kullberg, 23, of Frostburg, and his girlfriend, Alyssa M. Salazar, 20, of Annapolis, were killed in Friday’s fire.

The building was constructed prior to 1990 legislation that requires fire sprinkler systems to be installed in all new multifamily structures.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,258 other followers