WATCH: The Army-Navy pregame right now on WJZ | Who Will Win? | Army-Navy 2016

Storm Could Dump 5 Inches Of Snow On Region

WASHINGTON (AP) — The National Weather Service says snow of one to four inches is expected in the Washington and Baltimore region, prompting Baltimore officials to issue a Code Blue alert.

The National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning Saturday afternoon for the area, saying the chance of snow in the area for Sunday is near 100 percent. The weather service says snow is likely in Washington mainly after midnight Saturday and one to three inches is expected to accumulate on Sunday. Snow is expected in the area through Sunday night.

In Baltimore snow of between two and four inches was forecast.

The Code Blue alert means that emergency shelters will keep extended hours and everyone who has to be outside is urged to take proper precautions.  That includes wearing multiple layers, checking on elderly neighbors and making sure pets are indoors as much as possible.

Metro says it is monitoring the possibility of snow in the Washington region and has crews on standby to remove
snow from rail station entrances and platforms if necessary.

According to the National Weather Service the Washington region could see five inches of snow on Sunday. Metro says it has up to 20 trains that can de-ice track to keep trains moving.

Metro says that it will operate a very close to normal rail schedule in snowfall of up to six inches. But if snow reaches a
depth of eight inches Metro may suspend rail service above ground.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. PETROS says:

IIIIIIII”MMMMMMMMMM DREAMINNNNGGGGGGG OF A WHHHHIIIIIIITTTTEEEEEEE CHRISTMAS………………🙂

2. Grinch Jr. says:

just what we need on the monday after a holiday break. this is the perfect storm of gridlock :~(

3. henry says:

yeah it’s gonna make the monday morning drive to work a pain

4. Amanda says:

I live on the eastern shore and we are also under a winter storm watch. They say we may get an inch or less. I am hearing a conflicting story from each channel. I usually stick with WJZ.

1. Doug says:

I only use Foot’s Forecast they were on the money last year! And they are calling for 6-12 possibly more!

1. Linda says:

Accuweather said 6-12″ with up to 20″ for our area!!! I just came in from making sure the snowblower started!!! Ready to go!!!

5. bmore001 says:

This is what I mean about the new website… very little local info, mostly fluff and tabloid. This story talks about DC, then mentions Baltimore in the last sentence being under the watch. We want our old WJZ webside back!!!!! This is not an improvment.

1. FFFR60 says:

I agree I want the old WJZ web site back. This one is too confusing. Not as good as the original.

6. OCmayor says:

I agree with bmore001…Bring back the “old” WJZ site..!!!!!!

7. rseal says:

totally agree this site blows even more on my phone internet

8. Chuck says:

This new website sucks!!!! bRING BACK THE OLD wjz WEB SITE

9. Steven says:

I hate this new site. I do not look at that much any more.

10. Andy says:

I agree with all of the above. The old site ruled, this one sucks!!

1. Andy says:

It’s all about the $ advertisement can bring in!

11. Orrin Reed says:

Not only does this new WJZ site suck but this article is WRONG… the warning in effect is for 6-12 inches… and they are trying to cover their ass from being wrong all week. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER WJZ. People need to know about this blizzard and you need to tell people the fact. Christmas is pretty much over so get in here and post a video for us with the facts.

12. KAREN says:

THIS IS NOT OUR “HOME” SITE ANYMORE

THIS IS A STRANGER

PLEASE GO BACK……………

13. chessie says:

I was shocked to find a different website. Please bring back the old WJZ!!

14. bmore001 says:

The weather page is a disgrace… not snow amount forecast. I guess a “Mean Margarita” is news to the new WJZ!

15. debbie says:

BRING BACK WJZ WEBSITE. This is horrible!!!!!!!

16. Can I ask you a question? How am I supposed to do such a thing myself? Can you explain please? Thanks in advance.

17. pigeon says:

I’ve hated this new site since day one. Be fast doing a comment ’cause it will knock you out faster then a blow from Sugar Ray

18. Bite Me says:

Another prediction gone wrong and Blown out of proportion.

This is the perfect storm the cities and counties should leave the snow as is on the ground.

This would be a great time to teach those who can’t drive how to handle their vehicle and how it responds to these weather conditions.
    if you need to get out and cant then don’t drive

19. SB says:

I hate the new site,too. Not much news,just junk