8 People Taken To Hospitals After CO Scare

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Fire officials say eight people were taken to area hospitals for evaluation for possible carbon monoxide exposure at a Pigtown rowhome Wednesday.

Officials with the Baltimore Firefighters Union Local 734 say the people were evacuated from a three-story house in the 800-block of Washington Blvd. at about 5 p.m.

Fire Department spokesman Kevin Cartwright confirmed that the home was evacuated as a precaution for a possible carbon monoxide leak, but he said none of the victims suffered any serious or life-threatening illness.

The source of the leak is unknown at this point.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Anonymous says:

    Even though the leak is unknown at this point, the rise in carbon monoxide cases are people heating their homes with the oven to stay warm This goes to show how BGE is killing people, rates are so high people can’t afford to run their heat so they are using the over to heat their house

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live