School Bus Driver Possibly Violated Policy In 6-Year-Old’s Death

A special needs student died after falling off a moving school bus.  Now officials say the bus driver may have violated safety protocols.

Ron Matz reports officials say the bus should not have been moving when the student fell out.

City school leaders say the bus driver should have immediately stopped the bus when Jeremy Jennings Jr. began fighting with another student.

After the fight, the 6-year-old tried to leave the bus through the back door, taking a fatal fall.

According to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, city school leaders are now reviewing protocols for transporting special needs students.

The boy’s family plans to file a lawsuit.

More from Ron Matz
Comments

1. Laney says:

My heart goes out to the family. However, money is not going to bring him back!

2. Jane says:

I remember when I rode the school buses, there was an alarm on the back door. When the boy opened the door why didn’t the alarm sound? Where was the drivers aide? Why wasn’t this little boy in a safety seat??????????????

3. Ri says:

Ditto Laney! No amount of money will justify this! I pray for the family of this child.

4. Virginia Peiffer says:

I PUT THE BLAME ON THE AIDES……WHERE WERE THEY? WHY WAS’NT THE CHILD IN RESTRAINTS? AND WERE THEY SITTING IN THE BACK OF THE BUS.?
    THE DRIVER CAN ONLY WATCH TRAFFIC,LIGHTS AND ROAD CONDITIONS…THEY DONT HAVE EYES IN THE BACK OF THEIR HEAD.
    I do feel very sorry for the parents more…I’AM A BUS DRIVER WITH SPECIAL ED.STUDENTS TOO…
    may god bless these parents for all their grief…

5. warrk21 says:

Please go to departedngone and Let The World Know that we have lost a Good Life.
    Departed N Gone

6. Lisa says:

Hi this is jeremy mother and like everyone said it’s no amount of money thats going to bring my son back all I want is some answers

7. ERH says:

This is just a terrible tragedy. God bless the family for fighting for the safety of all the children who ride the school bus. Curious what special needs this child had. These children can be particularly vulnerable.