Ravens LB Suggs Fined $15,000 For Throwing Punch

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — Baltimore Ravens Pro Bowl linebacker Terrell Suggs has been fined $15,000 by the NFL for punching Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson.

League spokesman Corry Rush said Friday that Suggs was fined for “striking an opponent. Specifically, after the play was over, he struck the opponent in the face.”

The incident occurred during Baltimore’s 13-7 win Sunday. Suggs punched Simpson after being driven to the ground by offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth and having his helmet knocked off.

Simpson was handing Suggs his helmet when Suggs punched him. Suggs wasn’t penalized on the play.

Suggs acknowledged hitting Simpson after Sunday’s game and expressed relief that the referees didn’t see it, saying, “Lucikly, I got away with one.”

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. NIKKI says:

Punch is better then a knife or gun…..for the love of GOD why is this team so damn street???? Ravens clean your acts up please it’s embarrassing!! Stop the drugs, drinking murder attempts, spouse beating..blah blah blah. Not a fan of the team at all but they are having a good year. Not as good as my Patriots (knock on wood) but good. Be a smidge more polished PLEASE.

1. Kaap says:

If you don’t think everyone of these teams aren’t the same – made up of the same personalities – same cheap punches, kicks, hits, etc…you’re living in a fantasy world!

2. the cape says:

hey nikki,no one else in this league are any better than the ravens,ex:harrison of the steelers,125,000 dollars holy cow
      but every player is protecting themselves,pretty boy brady,better watch himself

2. Kristen says:

At least our team doesn’t cry when we get hit. Cry when we almost get hit. Cry for non-calls. Cry when we throw an interception. Cry when a receiver drops a pass. And cry when the wind blows.

3. Julie says:

nikki your just another Hater, & really u sould ridiculous !

4. Jess says:

I agree with Julie! Everyone makes his/her own mistakes, they just down Baltimore more than anywhere else Blah Blah Blah What about Ben an the other teams who are chriminals. NO ONE IS PERFECT, I’m not saying what they have done is right but please you need to stop hating on our team.GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!

5. NIKKI says:

OK people it’s nearly impossible to convey sarcasm in type CALM DOWN. I’ve lived in Maryland for Many years worked in the city too. I just don’t care for the Ravens. I’m from Massachusetts so therefore I love my New England teams. Please keep in mind that when I’m home in Cape Cod and people are throwing out racial comments as to how bad the team is (attitude wise) I do defend them. As I do here near Tucson, Arizona (military ). I am entitled to my opinion and I do think that the Ravens are well…..rough and seem to have more legal problems them the norm. I did not type what I did to say any team is better or get into a pi$$ing contest. The only time that city has any congruency is when the Ravens are doing well, I’m thankful we don’t have to play them. Again it’s a personal opinion and honestly as I stated I left MD in June and I’m near Tucson you night have seen it on the news, so in light of the things that transpired over the weekend here this matter is NOT THAT SERIOUS.