Family Marks Phylicia Barnes’ 17th Birthday

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Phylicia Barnes turned 17 Wednesday, but she will not get to celebrate with friends or family.  It has been two weeks since she disappeared without a trace.

Weijia Jiang explains no one is giving up hope.

Vibrant, beautiful, straight A student Phylicia Barnes would be celebrating her 17th birthday Wednesday with friends and family…if they knew where she was.  The teenager from North Carolina vanished at the end of December during a trip to visit her sister, who lives in an apartment complex behind Reisterstown Plaza.

“Every morning, I cry.  Every evening, I cry.  We have not…I have not slept.  My whole family from Atlanta to New York, Baltimore…people are crying all across this country,” said her father, Russell Barnes.

Barnes’ story spread quickly after a national media blitz.  On Facebook, hundreds posted birthday wishes, along with countless prayers that answers will surface.

Authorities launched a near unprecedented search for Barnes, passing out 4,000 fliers in the Baltimore area.  K-9s, dive teams, specialized FBI detectives and even an entire police academy class scoured Leakin Park, but nothing turned up.

Barnes’ mom says the sister told her there was drinking, pot smoking and several men in and out of the apartment and that she always suspected foul play.

“God gave her that life and no one had the right to take it from her, if that is the case,” said Janice Sallis.

Police served a warrant at seven locations.  They’re also re-interviewing family members.

Meanwhile, Russell Barnes made a plea for help.

“I miss her.  It’s indescribable.  It’s like a bad dream,” he said.

Baltimore police have yet to make a break in the case.  They say she may have been abducted and taken out of Maryland.

Comments

1. CHERYL T says:

MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY. I CAN’T IMAGINE WHAT YOUR FAMILY MUST BE GOING THROUGH. I PRAY TO GOD THAT SHE IS BROUGHT BACK TO YOU SAFE AND UNHARMED. I KNOW THAT WITH THE POWER OF PRAYER, ANY AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR FAMILY.

2. D. Bos. says:

WHERE ARE THE SO CALLED PSYCHICS WITH THE ABILITY TO SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO PHYLICIA??? WHY WOULDN’T A PSYCHIC COME FORWARD AND SHOW THEIR ABILITY AND PROVE THAT THEY HAVE THAT POWER…..

1. Ratm33 says:

Because they are not real.

2. Donna says:

Because it’s only God who can give the answer to this not a so called physic who by the way is not real. Has anyone thought that this could be the hand of sex-trafficking and looking into this? This is in the Baltimore area and we should not be neglecting this. They have had cases of this. Please know I am praying for her and her family.

3. Rocky says:

Who’s to say that a psychic hasn’t talked to the police!!!!!!!!
    The police are inclined to withhold certain information from the media to protect their case.

Hopefully she will be found soon…….

4. Silly says:

Would the police even talk to a psychic in the first place and take them seriously?????????

1. JOHN says:

No BornAgain Christain should go to psychic . Its a abominations. Read in Holy Word of God Deuteronomy chapter 18:10-12. If want her come back need continue have faith in the Lord pray for wisdom that they find her some. Ask Holy Spirt to guide police where about she is. Continue have christains all over USA to pray for her return back. Power thru power. But that where faith comes in to action. But dont go to psychic they dont serve same God we do they follow guide of demons which from pit of HELL. That SATAN HIMSELF.

1. john says:

THAT POWER THRU PRAYER!

2. Robin says:

Exactly who do you think you are judging people like that!? You can keep your GOD. I am highly offended by your comment. If your GOD was real, this beautiful, smart young lady would not be missing.,..Your assumptions are from the stone age.

3. Rhoda Hall says:

@John — That is not true about all Psychics. I know a very religious one. She was gifted with that ability. There are a lot of child pyschics who have honest hearts and are from a Christian up bringing. Nina Simone’s granddaughter is a psychic kid. What impresses me about the kids is that they don’t have to turn to books or go by numerology. There are some fake ones who are in it for the money.

5. Frances Perkins says:

Tragic.

I’d love to get a hold of the IDIOT sister — she of the drinking, pot smoking and “20+ men” in and out of the apartment while her teenage sibling was there.

1. ratm33 says:

They are teenagers living out on their own. They are supposed to party and have fun.

1. Frances Perkins says:

I hope you’re not as effin’ STUPID in real life as this comment makes you look.

6. Brandi W. says:

In support of Phylicia Barnes and her family I created a twibbon that can be added to everyone’s FB & Twitter profile pictures. We need to continue to life her family up in prayer and not focus on the negative. Our resolve should be to find Phylicia, spread the word about her disappearance and urge anyone who knows anything to come forward. You can add the twibbon here:

7. Mary says:

THIS IS SO SAD BEING HER BIRTHDAY AND STILL MISSING. I JUST WOULD LOVE IT, IF A BIRTHDAY WISH COULD COME TRUE AND THAT WOULD BE FOR HER TO RETURN HOME TO HER FAMILY SAFE AND SOUND.

8. MY WISH says:

TO DAY IS MY BIRTHDAY I TURNED 35 YEARS OLD AND IF I COULD HAVE ONE WISH IT WOULD BE FOR PHYLICIA TO COME HOME TO HER FAMILY I DONT KNOW HER BUT MY WISH IS FOR PEACE WITHIN THERE FAMILY

9. K. LADY.. says:

TO THE FAMILY AND FRIEND OF PHYLICIA I WAS BORN NC. BUT MOVE HERE WITH MY FAMILY AT A YOUNG AGE. I ONLY WISH THAT I COULD DO SOMETHING TO LIFT THE PAIN AND HURT THAT YOU ALL ARE FEELING ..YOU All ARE IN MY PRAYERS DAY AND NIGHT…WHEN THE PRAYERS GOES UP THE BLESSING COME DOWN…GOD BLESS HER THAT SHE RETURN HOME SAFELY VERY SOON….

10. I hope phylicia come back home safe. whoever got her should go to jail for life. I’ll pray for the whole family

11. Sam says:

I blame her older sister 100% who should have known better. She will live with the guilt of this tragedy the rest of her life.

1. ratm33 says:

How is that you dont even know the facts of what happened. Maybe you should not judge people when you have no clue what you are talking about. How can you say it is her fault.

12. lynn says:

I have been reading about this story evaerday and I feel so sorry I am from oklahoma and I first found out about it on Nancy Grace 2 days ago so sorry for the loss.
    Lynn

13. Jenna says:

I think her sister is an idiot . I think she had this sick event planned all along .
    I believe she should go to jail for this horrible event .

My thoughts are with the family .

1. ratm33 says:

Shut Up! Her sister planned her to dissapearance. Think before you write.

14. Laura says:

I love you Phylicia and I dont even know you. I am from Monroe and moved to NY. I have faith that you will come home. I know you will and anyone with faith can help bring you home just by praying. Watch. GOD will fix it all.

15. Laura says:

I also want to add that I will never stop looking for you all over NY. I can’t rest until you come home and I know you will.

16. MAF says:

ratm 33, think before you type….I think you should have proof read your statement, you meant disappear. Or her sister planned her disappearance. Do your spell check! If people suspect the sister, they have that right. I personally think she should have done more to protect her sister.

17. john says:

Rhoda Hall, I see you dont know word God Deut 18:10-12 God against witchcraft.Etc. So dont defend word God. God word . He in control matter what you say. He got last word. Only God who want anyone practice witchcraft, go to phychics and any type doing evil is SATAN HIMSELF. God i serve is HOLY GOD . JesusChrist is loving God. yOU need READ jOHN 10:10 Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy. I see SATAN GOT YOU DECEIVE believe a lie that our Holy God is to be blame. Any BornAgain Christain that soul out for Jesus Christ know better to blame the Holy Most Gpd that was he that do this evil against this Girl. Again only who do evil against Girl person who serve satan himself.

18. John says:

Rhonda Hall you and Robin see blind beleive a lie which satan himself want to beleive go to phychics. God say that heaven and earth can past away but his word will stand forever and ever. Lord got last say over any man thought. He in control not you or anyone else. His word is holy,pure and without sin. He loving God but justic God. He want good for his chiild but hate sin. You have free will serve this God this earth Satan himself and all his evil ways or servce most High God. Go to heaven one one. It your choice.

1. Robin says:

Whatever! You need to lay off the wine!

2. Robin says:

And learn grammar!

19. Robin says:

Why did we hear about this girl for days, all day every day; and just because it got close to the dreaded Purple Friday and then the Ravens lost and we stopped hearing about the investigation. I am more concerned for this young lady then the Ravens. I hope no news is good news!

20. Teresa says:

I actually believe we stopped hearing so much about the case the day that all the suspicious envelopes and packages starting going to different government offices. Also, right after that the crazy guy in Arizona went on a shooting spree. The other thing to keep in mind is that if nothing is happening in the case, then the reporters have nothing to report.

21. Teresa says:

@ Robin….I do believe what John is saying. I am a Christian and the instruction that we live by is called the Bible. Now, there are many places in the bible where we “people” are instructed not to turn to fortune tellers, psychics, card readers, people who talk to the dead and so forth. The Bible does reference this as “witchcraft”. I have to tell you that that there is a beautiful all knowing God out there among us. The thing is many, many years ago he gave up some of his power on purpose. He gave us the power to make decisions whether right or wrong for ourselves. He has given us instruction to live by. As real as God is, so is satan and if someone chooses to follow evil rather then light, then that is their choice. We have the Holy spirit here on earth and angels around us. However, satan and his many demons are here as well. God is omnipotent but he will not make us all his puppets on a string. He gave you and I a choice as well as everyone else.
    John may be doing the best he can as far as is writing is concerned. I don’t believe that he needs to be needled just because he is unable to articulate the way that others would like him to. Try not to be so judgmental.
    Having said that, I choose to pray for this sweet child and her family. I pray that the Holy Comforter will hold them close and give them peace until this beautiful child of his is found. May God bless you Robin and everyone reading this.

22. Mac10 says:

The fact is, according to the Bible we are living in the last days of this system. In the last days, things will advance from bad to worse. God will correct all wickedness in his due time. People who do vile things, kidnappings, and murderers will not be in God’s plans for a furure in his new arrangement for life. Let us all continue to pray for Ms. Barnes and her family. What baffles me, is that their are many young ones roaming the street late at night. None of them has disappeared. There must be a twist in this incident.

23. slimmie says:

i pay, wish & i hope that phylicia returns home to her family safe & unharmed. i do not know u as well phylicia but our prayers are with u & your family. come home soon.

24. eejittle says:

By appearance she seems like a vibrant, bright and beautiful young lady. Makes you wonder why anyone would want to harm such a precious child, if that is the case. Lord knows we need more intelligent, good head on the shoulder type children like this. I saw an interview with her mother. I can tell she comes from a pretty decent family. I pray that they find her, and put as much effort and respect into finding her as they have done so many other missing children! I pray to God they don’t close up the files and wash their hands of her. Funny, but true, with the whole Holloway case they are still investigating and continue the search for her…this girl deserves the same type of respect.

25. T.Wilkens says:

Baltimore police and the FBI can contact Nigeria’s prophets TB Joshua and G.O Adeboye to solve this case.They have a good track record
    American law enforcement needs to be more open-minded.
    This girl should have been found.

26. dab says:

we can’t condemn the police and law enforcement on the phylicia barnes case for the simple reason is we don’t know all of the facts. i am sure there is more than is being published going on. sometimes too much is publicized and gives the person who is involved or guilty too much info. i think the law knows what they are doing and will do what they have to to solve this case. My prayers are truly with this family. I can’t imagine not knowing where one of my children could be. Ms. sillas and mr. barnes, and phylicia stay posistive and pray. may God bless you. the family does not need all of the foolishness on this site at this time.

27. pretty peaches says:

i dont even know this young pretty girl but i do hope she return home safe i live in sc so if i see her i would call missing persons right away and maybe police just in case she has been abducted im praying please return home gods little angel

28. tiffany says:

my prayers goes to her family from my heart it is really upsetting not knowing thatthe next step in life maybe tragic its really sad my heart goes to her family here it is i dont even know her but i feel like she was close to me for some reason and it makes me just want to cry

29. wats up friend. you have set up a nice blog and i truly liked reading your posts. i wonder how you would know all this stuff. i was impressed when i noticed your blog. what blogging service did you make use of for this blog. i am utilising word press and i find it a little complicated. are you utilizing wordpress too? if yes can you tell me about the themes and plugins you use for your blog. i would be thankful if you assist me on this.

30. nUmerology life path 6 says:

In case your date of birth drops in the variety of june 22nd by means of this summer 22nd, you’re created on the planet signal associated with cancer your Crab. You almost certainly realize your Horoscope, however does …Free Numerology Reading

31. nUmerology information says:

Should your birth date drops inside variety of august 22nd by way of september 22nd, you’re given birth to on the planet sign involving Virgo your virgin. You probably realize your current Horoscope…Life Path Number

32. rIester medical says:

Build your hair a donkey fill (sich eine Eselsbrücke bauen) equals develop a mnemonic device. Do the take flight (mach perish Fliege) equals conquer the idea ! do not create a great hippo away from mosquito (aus einer…wohn riester nachteile