Baltimore County Schools Ban PTA Craft Fairs

TIMONIUM, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County’s Parent Teacher Association makes thousands of dollars sponsoring craft fairs at schools, but Suzanne Collins reports parents are upset about a new rule barring that activity.

At Ridgely Middle, the PTA raised $13,000 in November. They held craft fairs, selling handmade items. The new rules ban Baltimore County School craft fairs.

“I’m very disappointed and you just have to ask why? I don’t understand why. I don’t feel we’ve been given a good explanation of why,” said PTA president Kay Hardisky.

“What this is aimed at doing is ensuring we’re taking into account public safety and health. And that we’re making good stewardship for the uses of our facilities here at Baltimore County Schools,” said Charles Herndon, Baltimore County Schools.

Kathy Lally is an artisan, who sells her crafts at Ridgely Middle and a number of other county school craft fairs. She says people come back year after year and she loves seeing the school children who volunteer.

“I would just like the school board to reconsider, and I’m sure most of us do feel the same way. We look forward to the camaraderie, like I said, the kids,” said Lally.

Ridgely has held a craft fair for more than 30 years. Even students make crafts, and participate selling them. It has taught them a lot about being an entrepreneur in the real business world.

Other students get service hour credit helping out. All PTA profits are used to help improve the curriculum.

County schools say it must make sure events at schools serve an educational purpose, and there’s concern that profit-making ventures don’t fit that mold. There could also be liability.

It’s depressing to those who love the school craft fairs.

“It’s our social time, it’s friends, it’s creativeness, it’s meeting a lot of nice people, getting the kids involved and community involved,” said Lally.

The Ridgely PTA says besides the craft fair, its only other source of revenue is donations from parents.

Comments

1. j says:

I could understand not having bake sales .. could cause food poisoning .. but crafts seem like a safe way to earn money .. what’s the problem?

1. Yvonne Carnes Carter says:

A craft fair – buying parts/pieces, assembling them, and selling the finished product for a profit sounds like basic business to me! The whiole point of a business is to be a profit making venture – whether we grow up to work at someone else’s business or have our own business we all end up working. So isn’t this what i’t’s all about – learning to work to earn money – there is a HUGE lesson to be taught here… Not to mention the community involvement!

2. Justin F says:

“County schools say there’s concern that profit-making” “…schools…” “don’t fit that mold.”

Exactly.

3. Linda says:

Home school the kids!!! This can be done even if the parents work full-time!!! Don’t sending children to government schools, where they are being brainwashed into living socialistic lives.

1. Kate says:

Really? Brainwashed? I could see not sending your child to public schools because class size is too big, teachers are locked into a curriculum, etc. I guess you could just as easily brainwash your kids to your narrow ways of thinking by keeping them home.

4. Susan D says:

Worst thing I have EVER heard of, truly unfair!!

5. elaine says:

crafts are art. “educational”. teaches children and adults to use their imagination to create “art” which will be viewed and appreciated in other peoples homes. crafty fairs are educational and profittable.. so balti co, why are they banned?
      pta’s do wonderful jobs raising money for extras for students, teachers ant the school. so balti. countty why don’t you step in and pay for all the extras the pta’s supply without raising taxes oe imposinf new feea.

2. Greg says:

simple solution, pull your kids from the public school system
    that will get their attention, just like the clowns in d.c. they think they run things, time to let them know, we the people run things, it’s our dime

1. Kathy Lally says:

Correct, this is a positive thing in the lives of the Middle School and High School students. They learn a lot from this, work ethic, volunteering, working for themselves!!!

1. Marge says:

Just move it off their campus and change the venue, ask someone if you can use their parking lot

2. Dwayne says:

Your plan would work great for the parents who can afford to send their kids elsewhere or educate them at home which isn’t many and why there are public schools. Also read the article again has nothing to do with clowns in DC it was the local Baltimore County school board, they are located in Baltimore County not DC. It is a sad truth in society they have to deal with, one person gets injured at one of these events or later on from a craft, the school system is held legally liable. Things that are good once more get ruined my our lawsuit happy society and that is what this rule is about.

1. Linda Moberg says:

THe person you are replying to was using DC as an example. They were not saying this was happening in DC. This Craft Fair has been running for many years. Not just for 4 or 5 years and without any sort of incident. I don’t see why a craft fair would cause a mojor law suit to happen either.

2. Linda Moberg says:

I went back and checked and the Craft Fair at Ridgley has been running for 30 yrs withoug incident. I don’t see it causing one now.

3. David A. Robier says:

The voters in this state have repeatedly returned our “clowns” to office. We will never run things until that practice has stopped. A favorite quote of mine is this one I heard from Ron Smith… “If our vote really mattered… They wouldn’t let us have it.”

3. escaspades says:

Sounds more political to me, like they dont want one school’s PTA to have more funds than another school.

1. Kathy Lally says:

You are correct! Even Steven.. Everyone have a craft fair!!!!

1. FunnyTruth says:

Those who can…Succeed.

Those who can not…Teach.

Those who don’t know their rear-end from a hole in the ground… Run for School Board.

4. Laura says:

so how do they raise money? begging on the street corners?
    It’s absurd to take away craft fairs. It was stupid to take away bake sales too. people have just gotten too paranoid and whinny about everything.

1. Kathy Lally says:

That is true!!! A wholesome function of years gone by should be continued!!!

5. Ann says:

This is wrong. The PTA puts so much time into a event that does nothing but benefit the school. They are saying these events must be “educational” and profit making venues don’t fit that mold. What? The students are involved with this event and what a better way to show children that being involved in your community is a GREAT thing. So what if the PTA makes money, ALL funds go into the school to help make up for what the School Board hasn’t supplied to the teachers.

1. Kathy Lally says:

Absolutely, these are NICE ways to raise funds. See how many Parent Donations you receive and then compare!!!!

6. toe says:

great idea. tell everyone your school made $13,000 with a craft fair. and we wonder why the budget is being cut. know what i’m saying?

7. Toby says:

This is one of the assinine ideas I have ever heard. School Board does not come up with the funds that the schools need for extras. That is what the PTA does it raises money for the schools, it also keeps parents engaged with their childrens school. It goes on for 30 years and now it is an issue. Sorry, this does not cut it. My kids are grown and out of school but I am thankful for all the extras the PTA did for them.

1. Kathy Lally says:

Thank you for your response!!!! You still care and see the necessity of the PTA to raise money!!!

8. mike says:

So set up your PTA craft show at a local church. This is what happens when lawmakers and politicians have idle time on there hands they make laws like this to justify there jobs. Find out who came up with this law and vote them out next time around.

1. Kathy Lally says:

Okay, Let us get the fund raising going for the church instead and we will move on to that territory. So Public School System…we will have to move on. Okay, you want to reconsider!!!!Thanks

9. Denise says:

I can’t believe this. This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Guess the schools can no longer sell wrapping paper and candy, humm?

1. Kathy Lally says:

Correct, I myself have purchased every year from two or three schools for 26 years,,,,,Oh My, it is time to Stop? Please reconsider

2. Danielle Kovach Douglass says:

I know right! How ridiculous is this…

10. f em all says:

Welcome to the nanny state. Enjoy your stay, or else.

11. Danny Kutrick says:

SO they can push the BS sales of garbage from the wrapping paper and pizza sales . I dont see where church has an educational purpose but hell they allow services in public schools on Sunday . If the crafts need to stop so do the Churchies

12. Mad Momma says:

I can not believe this!! Holding a craft fair is certainly a better way to raise money for our children than trying to have them pawn over-priced pizzas and other useless junk. And these days, that responsibility falls solely on the parent, not the child. As an artisan myself, I wish my daughter’s school had a craft fair! I would gladly make jewelry and other crafts to fund the school and keep more programs available for the students instead of cutting them because they “don’t have the money.” I am appalled by the lack of thought that goes in to these decisions. At this point, I’m not sure if our school board members and law makers ever went to school!

1. Yvonne Carnes Carter says:

At a creaft fair the entire rental fee for the booth goes to the PTA – not the pittance that they get for wrapping paper sales…

13. Joe Krick says:

This is a Shame that this has happened. I hope the school board will reconsider there decision. I’m a crafter and this show was suggested to me as one of the best fundraisers for schools. If it helps Why not these schools need fundraisers like this.

14. June Piper-Brandon says:

So the school engenders family involvement and parental support and that’s a bad thing. The school is being punished for holding successful events. The funds raised at the craft fairs are used to support after school clubs like Spanish Club, French Club, Organization Club, Robotics Club and other education programs. Without these funds parents will need to come out of pocket or the programs will be cancelled therefore impacting the quality of our children’s education. My son is in 7th grade at Ridgely MS and participates in some of these programs and they augment and improve the education that he receives in the traditional classroom. To lose these would be an extreme loss not only to him but to other children too. The esteemed member of the school board who thinks that the profits don’t benefit the education is sorely mistaken.

1. Kathy Lally says:

Absolutely!, Hope Baltimore County Board Reads this one!!

1. Carol Heinlein says:

I was under the impression that there is a ” joint use agreement ” between the Board of Ed and Recreation and Parks Dept. The latter is responsible for the facilities outside of school hours and on weekends. If that is so, why does the Board of Ed have any say at all ? Shouldn’t Rec and Parks be the ones giving permission?

15. Yvonne Carnes Carter says:

Has the school board come up with an alternative means of funding this 13,000.00 to benefit the schol and the students!

16. Heather Smith says:

I’m just wondering if the daisies brownies and girl scout troops that meet in the public schools are allowed to carry on their cookie sales? I grew up in Baltimore but don’t live there any more so I don’t know all the details of the boards rulings. But doing away with a craft fair is absurd!

17. Kim Jones says:

OMG, this is one of the more outlandish things I have ever heard of!!! I would love to know who said what to whom to even make this topic come up as an issue of contention. My children are in private school, so I am thankful that I won’t have to deal with this ludicrousness, but empathize with the parents that will hopefully band together to see such a decision overturned, reversed or whatever needs to happen to get rid of the mandate. The education involved in putting these types of events together is mind boggling, if anyone had thought enough to ask and is the stuff from which future entreprenreurs are made. Junior Achievenment is a wonderful organization that teaches young people these principles, but being an extra curricular type activity at a location not necessarily convenient to all may detract from some being able to participate, but Heaven forbid a child receive this type of practical education right in their own school.

18. Mike Carnahan says:

I think it’s time to replace the school board. Their always so busy saving us from ourselves. And it only took them 30 years to realize that this event was BAD…

1. Mike Carnahan says:

Oops. I meant to say “They’re” instead of “Their”. I hope the school board doesn’t catch that. They might ban commenting on news stories about them.

19. djc says:

What kinda kickbacks are the board getting from the fundraising junk companies??

20. Russ says:

They will not allow craft sales yet it is okay to beg for money at intersections-there is not day that goes by in the spring you do not see.kids and parents asking for donations at intersections through out the county..

1. Towson says:

I agree. I was approached by a young man at Denny’s who wanted to sell me something, He was trying to raise money for his High School wrestling team.

21. Chris Miller says:

This is crazy! What other things can they take away – Almost as if they want to do away with the PTA’s. that is probably what is next on the agenda. Please reconsider this stupid rule.

22. Towson says:

Bcps also recently decided that the polar bear plunge was to high risk. The teachers that have been organizing groups to do this now need to scramble because they can’t participate in the event as a cool school. So I guess you can’t raise money for your school or any other good causes, I’m waiting for them to ban my daughters elementary school fundraiser next.

23. A. Landers says:

All of your locals need to meet to come up with a plan. As unfortunate as this is, I’m not surprised. It has happened in other counties. Someone already said it; the issue is equity and one school making more money than another. It’s a given some PTA’s may have stronger parent support than others.

When some schools are able to have more after school programs, activities, purchase certain items and others can not, this is where the problems can arise. In today’s economy, PTA’s being able to fundraise is very important.

If you can’t get the school system to compromise, then you need to come up with another plan. Developing partnerships with other agencies that can provide facilities such as Parks & Recs, YMCA’s, senior centers, etc.

This is the time to get parents, students, and the community involved by preparing testimonies to present at a board meeting. The message should be geared towards how the loss of revenue will affect programs for students/families. This means no schools will be able to fund any programs.

24. A says:

I know my son was also going to do the polar bear plunge. I even took the day off so I could attend it. Next they will ban jump a thons and walk a thons , some one can get hurt. I see no harm with a craft show have everybody who sets up a table sign a waiver, if they were to get hurt BCPS will not be at fault. Now my concern is having a Church meet at my daughter’s school, it has no business being in the building. Someone is making money off that and you can be sure it is not benefiting the children who go to that school.

1. B says:

What are you typing from a school computer? No..No..No. You could get carpal tunnel syndrome. Let’s take those computers away. Take away the desks and the chairs and let’s put them in padded rooms where they can lounge about…no playing…we don’t want them to get hurt. When they get to High School, they can all be bussed over to the Board of Elections and Bussed over to the designated polling booth to vote for the (D)…then explain to them the only way to get anywhere is to keep visiting the same booth every two years, voting for the same (D) or different (D)…it doesn’t matter…then lay around at home and collect food stamps.

25. Chichi says:

Churches rent the space from the schools; they don’t use the building for free. Either the school or the school board gets the rent money.

1. baltimore resident says:

beg to differ work for BCPS Facility dept and they get it free have seen the paper work

26. Sandi says:

So what is educational about selling calendars, popcorn and the numerous other fund raisers other Baltimore County schools sell?
    Having the students make the crafts is educational or does Baltimore County no longer have Art as a subject?
    This is just bogus and a jealous educator or parent on the Board upset that this particular school can raise money this way.
    Wake up parents/grandparents of Baltimore County schools and let the Board know how you feel. I will be!!

27. Bernard Mc Kernan says:

The head of the Baltimore county school board, Joe what’s his name should be canned. He’s an incompetent & racist.

28. Kate G says:

School Board wins. Kids lose- whats the lesson here. Grown-up (on the board) can’t play nice with others!!!! They didn’t offer to make up the funds did they?

29. Justin F says:

County schools say it must make sure events at schools serve an educational purpose, and … profit-making ventures don’t fit that mold.

Just like Government.

If they were running deficits, spending like mad, taking out loans, now that would be approved.

30. pigeon says:

Hey Mr Herdon, pull your head out of the dark, smell the coffee. And please do not complain when there isn’t $$ for school activities, etc. You sir, are a fully fledge jerk. But it is okay for you to put the kids out on streets to sell cards, candies, wrapping paper, etc.?!

31. Janet N says:

Wonder what the “educational benefit” is in taking pictures twice a year and charging more than a studio! Schools profit from the sale of pictures.

1. 1984 says:

The Baltimore County Schools say those companies which sell class rings, photographs, and yearbooks are all “Serving an Educational Purpose.”

“And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. ‘Who controls the past’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'”
      – George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 3

32. RWS says:

If the goverment would ge there priorites straight and fund education properly. Then the PTA, Students, and parents would not need to have raise funds to support the school. The reason they have these type of evnts is to make for where the goverment falls short.

33. RWS says:

If the goverment would get there priorities straight and fund education properly. Then the PTA, Students, and parents would not need to have fund raisers to support the school. The reason they have these type of events is to make up for where the goverment falls short.

34. Mike says:

The schools are funded. Stop the waste. Like overpaying school administrators.

35. DANYELL says:

THIS IS JUST DUMB!!! FUNDING IS BEING CUT FROM SCHOOL ,BUT YOU WON’T ALLOW PARENTS TO ASSIST IN FUNDING WITH FUNDRAISERS!. IT’S FUNDRAISING FOR THE SCHOOL FOR GOODNESS SAKE! I WILL ASSUME THAT THE BUTT-HEADS THAT MADE THIS DECISION DOES NOT HAVE KIDS IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM!

36. whatnow says:

This sounds about right. Let’s cancel a wholesome activity that raises money to benefit children who want to learn. But don’t cancel sporting events where the cheerleaders are half naked and make sexually suggestive moves and the kids go to the parents of the other team and walk around giving everyone the finger. Which would you rather have your child participate in?

37. No Joe C. Pizza says:

Take away all the trash food they want our kids to sell. Any idea who prepares this garbage prior to it going into the box? The homeless, that is who. PTA = commie pinkos.

lal

38. MOLLY COFFMAN says:

OK FOLKS, I THINK I HAVE A PLAN THAT WILL WORK. HAVE A YARD SALE IN YOUR COMMUNITY, SELL WHATEVER, YOU KNOW, CRAFTS, ETC, AND ONE PERSON, TAKES THE MONEY AND MAKES A DONATION

1. Ronald G Miner Jr says:

thats a fine idea, but not really the point..We demand answers..Why was this done?

39. Ronald G Miner Jr says:

Cmon, you mean you cant figure out why? Let me tell you..If a school can muster enough money to support it’s PTA activities, then the board of education budget simply doesn’t need as much money as they have and the county council can cut it..That’s the last thing they want.. As usual with anything like this, simply follow the money.

40. DEEP THROAT says:

Let’s see… We need to cut the education budget, so we will take away fund raising opportunities too….that will make it better FOR THE KIDS THAT SCHOOLS ARE IN PLACE TO SERVE… So typical of bureaucrat no-sightedness!! I can say that, I’m a bureaucrat and I deal with this foolishness all day every day… “Let us stop that. Something could go wrong and we would get blamed for “doing something” and loose our pensions. You know we aren’t really supposed to do anything”. UGGHHHHH. WE all deserve better than this. This is someone NOT WANTING TO ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY RISK AT ALL. If the issue is liability – MAKE A RULE REQUIRING ADDITIONAL INSURANCE AND LIABILTY ASSUMPTION. Or how about have a LEGISLATOR introduce a Bill that would insulate the School System … oh yeah, that would require a bureaucrat TO DO SOMETHING, or worse THINK!!!!

41. JCW says:

someone on the school board must have an interest in some of the compaines that usually sell to schools for fund raisers, pizza kits, candy etc.
    The craft fair is done by the PTA of Ridgley Middle School and raised 13,000. and not one of those companies got a cut. The craft fair contributes more to a childs education by involvement then pressing him into selling over priced pizza kits upon which the schools make very little off of. They would be better of asking the community direcly for donations which could at leeast be a tax deduction.

42. Norman Winkler says:

I am just glad I live in Carroll county. This new policy is the height of stupidity. I believe there are many more important issues of substance for the school board to focus their attention on.

43. East Coast says:

When I get a flier at home about some fattening, overpriced junk pizza, fat laden cheese stuffed pretzels and overpriced cheesecakes, it goes right in the trash. We are trying to save money and eat healthy. The same goes for the 6 ounces of stale chocolate covered peanuts for $12. The junk in those catalogs? Shredded! Now a craft fair? That’s something I can get behind. Quality, handmade items, students learning about business, meeting new friends, and it all goes to the PTA? Of course the IDIOTS at Baltimore County Public Schools ruined this for everyone. FIRE THEM ALL!!!!! The school board needs to worry about the pitiful state of our children’s education.

44. Jimi says:

My opinion is if the craft fairs arent good enough to raise money ,for whatever idiotic reason they do have for shutting them down,then this family will turn a blind eye to any and all fundraising done within the school system…they can count us out…..But really that would be cuting of our nose to spite our face wouldnt it????And if the reasoning behind it is the equality of one schools amount they are able to raise ,versus the amount another could…then I ask why am I sending my child to a school that is not air conditioned in the summer ,like others are???? The fundraising is imperative in the advancement of extracurricular activities within the community and for the betterment of the school………….This truelly makes me saddened

45. parent of a school age child says:

teaching kids how to run a business….i.e. figuring out your costs vs what people will pay for a finished piece, teaching kids how to interact with people in the community, supporting your local community artisans….yep that has nothing to do with education.

46. C. Cliffs says:

Problem is that no one at Greewood is getting a kickback from the craft fair. Joe Corby pizza must offer a better deal.

47. Linda Moberg says:

I believe the students are getting an educational benefit from the Craft Fair. Some of them make their own crafts, which is educational in itself, and then sell them. They then may volunteer their time to help at the boothes to sell their wares or others with theirs. They are learning there how to work in the world. They also learn how gratifying it is to volunteer for your school and your community. How is this not educational! They also get to interact year after year with their community, young and old alike. They also get to help in the raising of funds, which as reported for this one school was $13,000, for school curriculum supplies I believe. Now how can this not be for the betterment of the students and their education as well. I just don’t understand this. I hope that you reconsider your decision. With many states in proration for education, this type of fundraising is essential! If it involves the students in some way it has to be educational and the community is helping them to get things they need that they would not have without their help Good luck to you all! Madison, AL

48. pigeon says:

Home schooling or putting your child in private schools does NOT affect, to that great of an extent, the $$ the public schools get. You still have to pay your darn (they won’t let me use the other word) taxes no matter where your child gets their education. It’s the same amount in the “budget” but just divided differently. Any way you look at it, it’s a senseless lose/lose situation for the children.

49. Hello_I_Am_Earth says:

Maybe Mr. Herndon would like to wake up to the fact that PROFIT MAKING BUSINESSES are what fund the Tax Revenue Coffers that fund his schools!

Idiot!

50. GC says:

I am thrilled to see that Baltimore County Schools don’t need money, right? Isn’t that what they are saying when they ban a huge fund raiser that brings the community together and encourages (now mandated) community service opportunities? Among “the new rules” that Baltimore County Schools should look into is providing our children with a FULL 180 days of learning. Or, are we satisfied with 1/2 days counting as full days? Aren’t they “teaching” our children that a four hour work day equals eight hours? Has anyone asked who Baltimore County Schools are really trying to represent and who’s interests do they really have at heart? By the way, I am a parent (and grandparent) who avidly volunteered with my children (before community service was mandated) for over 20 years for the Baltimore County Schools to provide much needed enhancement educational materials and physical education equipment through these volunteer organizations (PTA, sports boosters, etc) I am not happy with the manner in which the education provided by Baltimore County Schools has diminished for my grandchildren. The decisions (by those who impact our children’s education) made over the past 15 years for our children have been destructive to say the least.

51. baltimore resident says:

ok so tell me what EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE Recreation and Parks serves by using the building?? I also like how they use Lutherville Elementary for a Flea market, what or who does that serve private parties making money using baltimore Co facility. This is acrock because some bozo in the neighborhood complained bottom line

52. Pam Fisher says:

So, it seems the problem is the PTA renting booth space to outside vendors, so the vendors can set up shop. Not with the sale of student made crafts. I think the enforcing the ban is fair.

Consider: For a school in a less desirable neighborhood, perhaps Essex or Randallstown, locations that would likely be even MORE needful of additional funds, I don’t expect many high end craft vendors would be clamoring for table space.

53. Dave says:

As one who grew up in the Baltimore County schools (1952-1964) I’m saddened to hear that entrepreneurial activity in the schools are in jeopardy. Keep it up and you will soon qualify for annexation to my adopted state…

Dave, Laguna Niguel, CA

54. Paul - Dulaney '69 says:

How would the PTA raise that level of funds without such a function? As the story said, the remainder of income is derived from parent donations. In the current economy, I doubt the PTA will see $13,000.00 + from family donations alone. I was a Ridgely-Dulaney student in the 60’s also and we had plenty of similar fund raisers. The school system is certainly limiting community spirit AND the future of this PTA by making a bone-headed move. Get out your picket signs en mass and make a follow-up TV story. YOU are the government with a privilege to make a change…because YOU pay their salaries.

55. Frank Middle River says:

What’s needed in Baltimore County is an ELECTED school board.

Put the decisions in the hands of the people where it belongs.

56. kt says:

I am not sure I understand why sounds like a flimsy excuse – I am from another county and involved with PTA – when we use the school we have to fill out a use of facilities form and we ( The PTA) provide our own insurance not the schools or county boe. I think the craft fair is a great idea, I would also ask since when is ART ARTISANS AND CREATIVITY not educational. Keep fighting and good luck to you!

57. Baltimoron says:

Teach children fear and suspicion, as in Walmart snitch ads that claim that anyone is a terrorist. Forget about programs and events that actually promote community building. When Baltimore is a ghost town, or worse, then those responsible for ruining it will bail. They will leave business and schools in shambles, collect their spoil and bolt. Stop them now before you no longer have a city worth living in.

58. Penny says:

Set up robo calls to each school board member set to call at 3 am. The robo call should include reasons why craft sales are educational and helps children learn about helping in a community and learning about finances and paying for education.

59. Daniel Morgan says:

The profits from businesses is the main source of revenue for the schools. Is that wrong. The School Board is a bunch of idiots.

60. Clayton Boggess says:

“What this is aimed at doing is ensuring we’re taking into account public safety and health. And that we’re making good stewardship for the uses of our facilities here at Baltimore County Schools” Is he serious? Perhaps he should run for president.

Clay Boggess