ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) – Anne Arundel County officials say the Arundel Center building in Annapolis is safe, despite a natural gas odor.
The Arundel Center was evacuated about 8:45 a.m. Friday because of the strong odor.
Fire and haz-mat officials found the odor wasn’t dangerous. They say the leak may be related to a water main break that occurred earlier in the week.
County Executive John Leopold says the building is safe, and it has reopened as officials work to identify and repair the leak.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)