Father, Son Burned When Gasoline Is Ignited

FROSTBURG, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say a Frostburg man and his son were burned when gasoline taken from a fuel tank was accidentally ignited by an acetylene torch. 

James Walker, 52, and his son David Walker, 25, were taken to Western Maryland Regional Medical Center with burns. 

Authorities say the accident happened Monday about 2:50 p.m. in the Walkers’ garage, where they were repairing a vehicle. The men had removed the fuel from the vehicle tank and put it in a container before it was inadvertently ignited. 

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. Theresa says:

    Someone may want to edit the title and first sentence of this report. Proof reading is your friend.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live