Local

6-Year-Old Caused Md. Fire That Hurt Grandparents

View Comments
generic fire

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — Investigators say a 6-year-old boy playing with a lighter started a Hagerstown house fire that injured his grandparents.

Deputy Chief State Fire Marshal Jason Mowbray says Richard and Helen Stull were in stable condition at Meritus Medical Center in Hagerstown after the fire at their home Wednesday morning.

Mowbray says the boy wasn’t hurt.

Longmeadow Fire Department Deputy Fire Chief Adam Hopkins says the victims appeared to have suffered smoke inhalation.

The fire marshal’s office says the fire caused an estimated $50,000 damage to the home and its contents.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,445 other followers