Police Identify Body Found In Hagerstown

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — Police in Hagerstown have identified a man found dead in a wooded area of the city.

Sgt. Eric Knode said the man was identified Friday as Lewis Meadows, 45. Police Chief Arthur Smith said early Friday that the death appeared to be natural causes.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. toe says:

why the hell is this news?

2. jmp says:

some repest please…..a man was found in the woods. There are people who go missing and sometimes they end up dumped. This wasn’t the case, but have some respect that someone died at least. Historically, the “Obituaries” have been one of the most popular part of written newspapers for years….so, writing about the dead IS news.

3. bernard mc kernan says:

Natural causes at age 45?….Was he homeless, mentally challenged?…He was somebody’s son, Father & by posting this, maybe it will help clear up some questions surrounding his death. So, shut your pie hole you people bashing this news. There for the grace of God, could walk you.

4. terri says:

His name, TOE???? says it all.

5. bernard mc kernan says:

Terri, His name you dummy was Meadows….You fool.

6. Faith says:

Bernard you dummy terri was talking about the inconsiderate person that commented at the top named TOE. Pay attention before you try to ridicule someone.

7. bernard mc kernan says:

Faith, …Have a little “Faith” , read my blog wanker. Terri was referring to her post of “Toe” as in the tags they hang on the unidentified. Now run along.

8. melanie tanner says:

LEWIS MEADOWS WAS MY COUSIN. HE WAS A BROTHER,A SON,AN UNCLE, AND MOST OF ALL A HUMAN. NOT A TOE TAG.HE HAD BEEN TROUBLED ALMOST HIS ENTIRE LIFE BUT HE DIDN’T DESERVE TO END UP THIS WAY.AND TO HIS FAMILY HE WAS VERY NEWS WORTHY.I HAVE ONE WORD FOR YOU RUDE ASS PEOPLE. . . KARMA.

1. tp says:

Melanie, I had the opportunity to work with Lewis at the hospital when he’d come in. Yes, he was troubled, but know that in his moments of clarity, he always knew how to make the staff smile. He had a good heart and I know that even in the past year, things had been rough for him. He died not far from the location where his good friend John Streaks died nearly a year earlier. The loss of John and another of his good friends last summer were an incredible burden and I can’t imagine the grief he must have been going through. My heart ached when I heard about his death, but I can only hope that he’s finally found some peace.

1. Melanie Tanner says:

Thank you very much for that. It’s nice to hear a kind word about him. I just wish he would have called me … He didn’t need to end up like this.