Filed underHome Improvement
By: Angie’s List Staff
Spring and summer are often the busiest times of the year for home improvement contractors. But in winter months, many have more time in their schedules and are more open to negotiating a discount. Here are some ideas of where you can start and who you can call.
- Do your drab, dull walls have you fuming? Hire a painter to apply a fresh coat of paint. Avoid fumes by requesting paint with low or zero volatile organic compounds.
- Are you tired of vacuuming dirty, worn carpets? A flooring installer can replace them with hardwood or ceramic tile.
- Do your window treatments look old and worn? Getting new blinds, shades or curtains installed can improve the look of your home’s interior. Plus, they’ll give nosy neighbors something to gossip about.
- Do those old faucets and fixtures in your bathroom drive you crazy? Hire a plumber to replace them. If your bathtub looks chipped and worn, a refinisher can give it new life.
- Are your closets, drawers and cabinets a disorganized mess? A home organizer can help you eliminate that stash of expired grocery coupons, 8-tracks and ’80s sweaters.
- If home improvement is low on your priority list, begin getting estimates and saving for future renovations. But, don’t delay. Take advantage of the slow season to get work done quickly and at a good price.
The copyright in this article is owned by Angie’s List and/or its licensors. All rights reserved.