Motorcycle Operator Killed In Crash

JESSUP, Md. (AP) — Howard County Police say a motorcycle operator has died after a collision with a truck on a parking lot in Jessup.

It happened Tuesday about 2:05 p.m. on Oceano Avenue. Police say the motorcycle operator lost control of his vehicle, hit a curb and hit the back of a pickup truck.

The motorcycle operator, who police say was not wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was not identified pending notification of relatives.

The driver of the truck, Timothy Sughrue, 54, of Centreville, was not injured.

Police say the motorcycle may have had a mechanical problem.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

1. kinghenry says:

Ha ha, just on an earlier post today some jackwagon beer belly biker was arguing how safe cyclists are compared to car / truck drivers. He was right ok , Dead right!! Funny.

1. Eric says:

I am glad to see you feel the death of anyone is funny. What is that happened to one of your loved ones? My condolences to the family.

2. whatnow says:

That jackwagon beer belly biker would be me. First of all, I have ridden bikes a few times but I’m not what you would consider a biker. Second of all, I do not drink beer, I cannot even stand to smell it and therefore do not have a beer belly. I simply made the point that MORE motorcycle accidents are caused by the driver of the car than the operator of the motorcycle not ALL. This is a fact and cannot be denied. That is why all the comments to my post were rude and lacking in merit. My condolences to this man’s family.

2. Barnard says:

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very useful information specially the last part🙂 I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

3. Eric says:

No one said all bikers ride safe. There are idiots out there on bothe sides.

4. craigs449 says:

The rider was a friend of mine. They were putting together a KTM supermoto race bike that was recently uncrated from shipping. They were tuning the bike to run right at this altitude when the accident occurred. The deceased rider was one of the most talented supermoto racers I have ridden with and apparently there was a mechanical failure (Carb/throttle sticking I presume) that caused this horrific accident. This occurred in a private parking lot, not a public street, and the rider was operating the bike at low speed (2nd or 3rd gear is what I was told) when the mechanical failure happened. I n hindsight, he should have had a helmet on, however, they were only working on the bike, not riding around on the public roads with it. None of this will bring my buddy back, but I really hate to see people pass judgement on motorcycle riders when they don’t have the facts straight….

1. whatnow says:

Thank you craigs449 for sharing. My condolences to you.

2. Katie Love-Hammond says:

Thank you craigs448. I work in the market & am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts & prayers are with you & the rest of his friends & family.