Sulfuric Acid Spilled In Science Lab

ESSEX, Md. (WJZ) — Hazmat crews rushed to the CCBC-Essex campus for a science lab accident Tuesday.

The Baltimore County Fire Department says someone was handling sulfuric acid in a lab when it spilled on them.

That person was treated a Hopkins Bayview Burn Center, but their injuries aren’t believed to be life threatening.


One Comment

  1. oscar arvelo says:

    Wow, a new way to drop acid!

  2. sciguy51 says:

    Sounds like a over-reaction. Better sulfuric acid than nitric acid, which would have turned the individual yellow and burned immediately. A quick emergency shower should have handled this. I’ve had nitric dropped on my head but a quick dunking under a safety shower and absolutely no problem.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live