Md. Woman Hurt In Curling Iron Fire

HYATTSVILLE, Md. (AP) — A Prince George’s County fire department spokesman says a Hyattsville woman was severely burned when using a curling iron that ignited her hair. 

Spokesman Mark Brady says the fire happened Friday evening at the Friendship Arms Apartments, a 7-story senior citizen apartment building. 

The woman, who is in her 50s, was using a curling iron when substances in her hair ignited and a fire spread to her clothing and other bathroom materials. A fire sprinkler system turned on and extinguished the fire. 

The woman was taken to a hospital in serious condition. 

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

  • toe

    i’m speechless. almost. obviously.

  • Em Beauchamp

    some people aree just plain mean–your mother would be ashamed

  • toe

    my mother is dead. God rest her soul.

  • R. Mansfield

    Please continue to report on this. What type of curling iron and hair products? This is certainly a tragic accident and I hope she pulls through with a quick recovery. I know it will be difficult.

  • bernard mc kernan

    This lady is now the “Toast of the town”.

  • tomz

    That fee basing is bad stuff lady.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Track Weather On The Go With Our App!

Listen Live