WJZ Loses Beloved Photographer

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — There’s some sad news about one of our beloved photographers, Bob Bergschneider.

He passed away Thursday morning, leaving us with memories of his commitment to news and his dry sense of humor.

Bob, whose nickname was “Berg,” always greeted us with a warm “Hi ya, kiddo.”

Berg photographed many of the stories you’ve watched over the years, and was the only Baltimore photographer to cover Desert Storm during the war.

Our prayers go out to Bob’s family and his many friends. He will be missed.

Comments

1. Larry Medoff says:

What a loss. He was one of the classiest of the old time photogs. My sympathies to all his co-workers who will miss him greatly, I’m sure.

2. Michael Schwartzberg says:

Wow, what a loss for the WJZ family and Baltimore news in general. What I’ll always remember about Berg is he always wanted to make sure I had a free parking pass for him whenever he came to GBMC to cover a story …always asking “hey Mike, what do I do about this parking ticket…..”🙂

3. Smoke says:

So sorry hear about Bob’s passing. He was always such pleasure to work with. Top notch photojournalist.

4. SHERI A.PREBIL says:

THIS IS A GREAT TRIBUTE TO A GREAT PERSON. I AM BOB’S COUSIN FROM ILLINOIS. THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS FOR HIM, I KNOW HIS MOTHER IS
    GREATLY APPRECIATIVE FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU HAVE SHOWN BOB DURING THIS TIME THANK YOU AGAIN
    MRS. SHERI A. PREBIL

5. Robert Lang, WBAL-AM says:

iI would occasionally see Bob on stories, and would always enjoy working along side him. My condolences to his family and his friends and colleagues at WJZ.

6. Nathaniel Russell says:

Berg was definitely a good person. We went out on many of sports stories when I worked at WJZ. R-I-P. You will be missed

7. Bill Stetka says:

Sorry to hear of Berg’s passing. A class guy and a true professional all the way. My sympathies to his family and to WJZ.

8. jh says:

i read about this in the spfld., ill. online paper. bobby bergschneider lived down the street from me when i was growing up. he was, like nobody our age i knew, a natural leader. all he had to do to take command of a gathering was to enter it. he had the greates backyward for playing in the entire neighborhood, too.

9. jh says:

i meant “greatest backyard”.

10. Sandra Kenney says:

Thanks to everyone who has left postings here and elsewhere and those who were at his funeral. He would have been humbled and amused at your wonderful stories and memories.
    Bob, as you can imagine, fought a very hard fight against a fast-moving cancer he could not conquer. He is at peace now.
    …. and we move forward, a little emptier but richer for having known and loved him.
    Sandi (his companion)