NORTH EAST, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say seven people have been displaced by a house fire in North East in Cecil County.

The blaze was reported Saturday about 8 p.m. on Theodore Road. The fire in the two-and-a-half story, single-family dwelling was brought under control in a half hour by about 30 firefighters. There were no injuries.

The fire caused $80,000 in damage. Officials say it was caused by a malfunction in a clothes dryer.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE