Brutal Attack At Baltimore Shopping Center Caught On Surveillance

BALTIMORE (WJZ)—A delivery driver is severely beaten and left to die. The vicious attack was captured on surveillance video.

Weijia Jiang explains police are on the hunt for four suspects.

There are no leads. Police say those responsible caused the 41-year-old victim to lose consciousness. By the time medics arrived, he was lying in a pool of blood.

It looks like a group of men just standing together in a parking lot, and then a brutal beating begins. Surveillance video shows one man punching and pushing the victim to the ground. A second suspect joins in. Both stomp on his chest. After the victim is clearly down, a third man kicks him again—all in broad daylight.

“Next thing you know dudes just knocked him out,” said Jerrod Epps, spectator.

“He dropped, I mean he fell to the ground,” said Angel Montanez, spectator.

The attack happened last month at the Charring Cross Shopping Center in Baltimore.

Police say the victim was driving the truck when he hit the car parked behind it. They say two of the suspects falsely claimed it was theirs, demanding money to settle. When the victim said no, they became violent.

“That was not their car; it was my car,” said Ahmed Muneer, Wireless Discount Store owner.

Muneer is shocked the fight was over his vehicle and took place outside the store he owns.

A camera above the door captured it all.

Muneer says he rushed outside when he saw a large group of people gathered around his car. He thought they were looking at the damage but realized the victim was lying right next to it. That’s when he called 911.

“I talked to him personally. I said ‘Are you OK? You need help, water?’ He was not talking,” Muneer said.

Police say the victim is still recovering.

“The material things can come back, but lives that are gone, whatever happened to him, you never get it back,” Muneer said.

The victim was treated and released from Sinai Hospital for head injuries. No word on whether there’s any permanent damage.

Again, police are looking for a total of four men. They urge you to report any tips.

Comments

1. KottaMan says:

Show us the video, eh? Four animals on the loose.

2. Sick of Ultra-Liberals! says:

What can you say? This Bodymore, Murderland. Young black males here are like animals. I’ve had violent encounters with them too for the most petty and senseless provocations. This is what concealed carry licenses for handguns are for: to fight off violent attacks. However, in very ultra-liberal Democrat led Maryland, victims of crime are supposed to allow the attackers to get their way. So woman, let the rapist violate you and men, allow yourself to be robbed, shot and beaten. Because if you fight back, you’ll be charged with a crime. this is what happened to me when I was attacked in Owings Mills by a member of the Bloods gang. However, a very good and expensive attorney had the charges against me dropped when it was proven that I had a right to fight back against my attacker–a 15 year old gang memember with a long juvenile record. Now, I pack a .45 in my home at all times in case he ever dares come back.

1. RDNKKKGRL says:

HEY I DONT BLAME U I CARRY MY SMITH N WESSON AT ALL TIMES INSIDE AND OUTSIDE MY HOUSE I SLEEP W/IT UNDER MY PILLOW!!!

3. DOCSRUS says:

It only happened because they knew he was unarmed.

4. KensP12 says:

The violence in this city is crazy I moved there for school and quickly returned to my city. I would never raise my kids in that place, you can’t even go to the harbor without being a chance of being attacked. My prayers are to the family of this man. I just imagine this being my husband as he often runs to our local store to get out children something sweet.

5. Behind Enemy Lines says:

Spectator? In most places you would call those observing a violent crime a witness.

1. cajun girl says:

The same thing caught my attention. Spectator? Really?

1. Cheryl Sherpinski says:

probably they are called spectators because the car’s owner saw a crowd of people gathered around his car, and he was the one to call 9-1-1. People watched it happen and did nothing! Must not be technologically advanced enough to have cell phones and call the police or video tape it. Gangs get away with things because no one will do anything; gangs are cowards!
        I lived in MT where everyone carries a rifle or hand gun, no problem with gangs; because the little cowards are not taking the chance that the VICTIM will be armed and actually use the gun!

2. Laura Rizzutti Bergstrom says:

that’s what i want to know…how come spectators didn’t dial 911 right away??

6. Baltimorebob says:

A crime has been done and all you people want to do is talk about race all of you all need to open your eyes and stop talking about it and start being about it stand up and join in the fight to take back your neighb hoods and start pushing four stronger laws exp gun laws and you would see a big drop in crime I mean come on these people harldy get any jail time and they no that so LETS STAND UP AND JOIN FORCES TO PUT A END TI THIS

1. RDNKKKGRL says:

YEAH WEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS AND THEY’LL TAKE MY GUNS WEN THEY CAN PRY MY COLD DEAD HANDS AWAY FROM THEM………Y GO AFTER US GUN OWNERS WHO HAVE A CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT GO AFTER THE IDIOTS WHO GET CAUGHT CARRYING N USING GUNS UNLAWFULLY DONT SLAP THE THUGS ON THE HAND AND LET EM GO LOCK EM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY

7. chesterboy says:

blacks are scary…I never go into a black area…

1. Deanna says:

Blacks are not scary

1. big jerr says:

yes they is scary

8. civil says:

It’s not a skin color thing – Don’t any of you have any black friends? No matter how bad the neighborhood is, there are at least a few hard working people trying to rise above the manure. I feel for them.

1. big jerr says:

no i don’t the group don’t allow that kind of mingling

1. RDNKKKGRL says:

LOL THATS FUNNY………………….

9. Adam Ritter says:

Having a weapon would not have changed the outcome. This guy was taken out so quickly if he had a gun the criminals would have taken it to use on their next victim. Guns are not the solution to the problem. Community, Police and Good Sense will turn this around. If you see a crime you must report it even if it means your are going to testify in court. We have little of that and these animals continue to do whatever they want. We must stop them and it won’t be with guns, it will be with police reports, prosecutors, and prison bars.

10. pigeon says:

To the individual who wrote this article, sorry, but this wasn’t a “sport” so to speak therefore there will be no “spectators”. It was a crime so the police would be seeking witnesses.
    To those who did this crime, your day will come. God does NOT judge by color nor should we as mortal humans. To refer to a particular race in such demeaning ways is wrong – no matter which side of the fence you are on; it’s why we will never see hate disappear between people.
    Back to the story. I am glad to hear the victim was released from the hospital although it seems no one really followed up to see how he was doing. I pray that he suffered no permanent physical problems because of this incident.
    To the police, why didn’t this make news a MONTH ago when this took place? Where was the media at the time. A lot can happen and be “forgotten” in that period of time.

11. Dorchester says:

I would agree with pigeon – unfortunately. This kind of thing needs to be broadcast, but I suppose if you do that for every violent criime in our city every day there wouldnt be time for Jersey Shore or Dancing with the Stars.

Maybe we could have a “Crime & Punishment” show – that shows these creatures perpetrating their crimes and then the punishment they receive as a result – I’m not talking about the crud like making them out to be sad uncared for people – but a show that treats them like the animals they are. Show their faces 3 days after they start jail time and they have been run over by Bubba.

On the other hand public displays of execution and punishment only demonstrate that the governing authority has lost control – best to stick to the daydream that is “Believe”. Close your eyes and say “Not There…Not There…”

12. PrayerIsWhatWeNeed says:

Its amazing how everytime a crime is commited we are all guilty of playing the race card. The bible says if you live by the sword you`ll die by the sword. Its not our duty to judge. Each race at one time has played a part in criminal and brutal crime. On the news blacks are portrayed as gang bangers. On americas most wanted and cops whites are portrayed as rapists,murders, bombers, child molesters as the people who own the boats and planes that bought guns and drugs to america. Arabics are seen as terrorists that only bomb and make weapons. Asians, chinese, and japanese are seen as nuclear warriors but the true is evil and crime has no color we all are responsible. We all play our part whether we steal a grape from the market lie on our taxes etc. We could all use a little more God. Everyone was quick to attack Fran yet truthteller and ultra liberal also used stereotypical statements. Prayer is what we need!

1. S.C says:

INDEED!! WE NEED TO P.U.S.H!
      Pray Until Something Happens

13. nastradamus says:

Sounds like that guy would have been beaten to death somewhere else if he got lucky in the parking lot. No one gets beaten like that out of pure coincidence. They were gunning for him.

14. NedF says:

The Maryland Legislature needs to wake up and see crime in this State for what it is – increasingly violent and in most cases without provocation! The ONLY thing these punk/thugs are afraid of is the possibility of an armed victim. Ask anyone in Law Enforcement if that is the truth, and they’ll confirm it!
    These punks know that obtaining a CCW permit in Maryland is near-completely impossible. Why? If you pass all of the criminal background checks, have never been charged with Domestic Violence, your fingerprints don’t turn up in the A.F.I.S.system and you have never been committed to a Mental Institution; in most of these 50 States you are more than welcomed to obtain a CCW. Violent crime, not just Gun-related crime, is much LOWER in those States. Again, because the only thing they fear is the possibility of an armed victim!
    I do not advocate that allowing untrained citizens to carry handguns is the solution. More effort need to be taken to ensure that legal gun owners take responsibility of their firearms. Education is the key. State sponsored Handgun Safety Courses, if necessary. Show proof of passing such a course as part of the requirement for purchasing a handgun in the first place. Why not? That’s a “sacrifice” I am willing to make in order to legally protect myself and my loved ones!

1. RDNKKKGRL says:

I COULD BE WRONG BUT THE LAST TIME I FILLED OUT AN APPLICATION TO BUY A GUN THEY DO ASK U IF UVE TAKEN A HUNTERS SAFETY COURSE ALONG WITH THE 10,000 OTHER QUESTIONS ON THERE THEN THATS ONLY TO KEEP IT IN UR HOUSE OR ON UR PROPERTY….. THEN TO FILL OUT A APPLICATION TO CARRY AT THE STATE POLICE BARRICKS THAT APPS GOT THE SAME QUESTION ON IT I MEAN Y WOULD U GO THROUGH ALL THAT TROUBLE AND NOT NO HOW TO SHOOT AND PROTECT THEMSELVES HONEST PEOPLE DO THAT DISHONEST PEOPLE EITHER STEAL IT OR BUY IT OFF THE STREET AND THERE THE ONES WHO SHOULD ROT IN A PRISON CELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Sick of Ultra-Liberals says:

Maryland in general and Baltimore in particular is extremely dangerous. I think as these kinds of crimes escalate, more people will turn toward the Repulican party who are more gun rights and anti-crime oriented. That’s sad because I am a Democrat. However, I am sick and disgusted with the Democrats for coddling criminals and always focussing on getting rid of guns instead of more and better law enforcement and long prison sentences for violent offends that actually stick. As for all the race comments? It’s sad but true that Black males in our region commit about 95% of the violent crime here. As for all the religious comments? Please stop hiding behind Jesus and living in denial that praying alone is going to stop crime. If you truly belive in the Lord–then you know that God helps those that help themselves. Don’t just sit around praying for things to change. make it happen!

16. P says:

I’ve been to this shopping center. The whole area is scary. There are always groups of young men hanging around harassing people over nothing. Karma’s a biitch, folks. They’ll get theirs one day. And if it means they’ll continue their violent lifestyle and die before they’re 30, so be it. Good riddance. The people that SHOULD be there can take their neighborhoods back.

17. robin robinson says:

i hope these good for nothin guys soon be caught,no need to treat people like that,there day will come and they to will feel what this man felt and i know when they go to jail they will get thers

18. Mary Loretta Johnson says:

iIN THE FUTURE, EVERYONE WILL BE ARMED FOR PROTECTION. THESE YOUNG GANGSTERS HAVE GUNS BIGGER THAN THE COPS!! gUN LAWS NEED TO BE ENFORCED!!