3 Months Later Phylicia Barnes Is Still Missing

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — It’s a grim milestone Monday. It’s now been three months since anyone last saw Phylicia Barnes, a teenager from North Carolina who vanished while visiting family in Northwest Baltimore.

City police still have not announced any useful tips in their search for Barnes, who would now be 17-years-old.

The reward for useful information is up to $35,000.

Comments

1. pigeon says:

Someone knows something. How can people be so mean not to cooperate with this investigation! Please, even if you think what you know doesn’t matter a hill of beans or wouldn’t make a difference you still need to share that with the police. I still pray for her and her family.

1. Blueberry says:

I agree! Someone knows something. Please speak up. Just think what this is doing to her family. What if this was someone you love? Please dear God bless this child and her family.

2. Mary says:

Whoever is responsible….and believe me someone did something to this girl…..may you rot to burning hell for the rest of your life. You are not a worthy person to have taken her away from people who care and love her. The police may be slow on this one but it will be a matter of time, you will get caught. Don’t enjoy your freedom too much longer.

3. Bernard Mc Kernan says:

WJZ, Stop bumping me off here after I exercise my 1st amendment rights. I gave some good advice on how to possibly catch these murderers. Every young black male arrested & brought to central booking should be investigated & asked about Ms Barnes. If the charges are serious enough, a deal could be made if they give up the killers. Enter them in the witness protection program which is a lot better alternative to doing hard time & back on the streets of Baltimore. And you bumped me off site for this??? Shame on you.

1. Blueberry says:

Wait a damn minute! Why do you assume that a Black male did this? They are bumping you because you are an ignorant tool!

1. Bernard Mc Kernan says:

Blueberry, if it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck & it looks like Aflac the duck, what the hell do you think? I mean like all at that apartment & when last seen, she was in the company of Blacks.

4. more problems says:

May god be with this girls family I’m a mother as well and I can’t imagine how her mother as well as her family must feel. I’m hoping and praying that someone come forward and tell whatever they may know just stop for one minute and think if it was your daughter your cousin your friend that was missing wouldn’t you want someone to help you find her. Please have a heart this girl needs everyone help!

5. Solsistanow says:

1st let me say my heart is so heavy for Phylicia,her family and friends they’re all in my prayers.Idk what to do but keep looking for her everywhere in my city,state and or whereever i am. PlEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE IF U KNOW SOMETHING GET THAT INFO. TO THE POLICE OR SOMEONE ELSE.U CAN WRITE A NOTE AND MAIL IT SO NOONE KNOWS ITS U IF THATS WHAT UR WORRIED ABOUT.OR HURRY UP TO A PHONEBOOTH ANY WHERE U CHOOSE TO CALL THE POLICE AND GIVE THEM ANY INFO. THAT U MAY HAVE WITHOUT LIVING UR NAME.WITH GOD& ALL OF OUR PRAYRS PLEASE BRING MS.BARNES HOME SAFE Amen…….

6. CATHY says:

I for one think the sister or the people she was staying with knows something,how can not someone she her in the day time in a apy complex,

7. TRB says:

Bernard, I’ve read many articles on WJZ’s website that you’ve responded to. You sound like an old, angry man with too much time on his hands. That, in itself, isn’t really a bad thing. What makes it bad is that you are clearly racist and clearly ignorant! Understand that, while the area that the young lady was visiting is made up mostly of African-Americans there are also other races living in the area. You won’t find only low class blacks as you seem to believe. You’ll find middle class caucasians, low class caucasians strung out on drugs as well as a good size Mexican and Latino population. Needless to say there are probably persons of other races in the area as well. Keep in mind two things when you are making your dumb remarks – 1. people of ALL races commit these types of crimes and 2. Criminals travel. They drive. They are able to purchase bus or plane tickets or catch cabs. There is no telling what may have happened to this young lady or who did it. I think the only thing that matters is that she’s found and that she and her family be supported and uplifted in prayer.

You should truly consider the remarks you make on this article and others as well. You have no clue how they affect the people reading them. Exercising your 1st amendment rights doesn’t mean be an ASS as you seem to think it does!

8. hmmmm says:

I really hope she is still alive and maybe just ran away went somewhere to get a new start or something better then any other situation that is possible

9. TRB says:

Trust and believe I will not go back and forth with you on this. My point has already been stated – you do not know for a fact what may have happened to the young lady or who is involved. Clearly, I am not saying that the person(s) involved with her disappearance are not African-American. (And the ratio of blacks vs. whites in prison doesn’t even matter in this conversation). The fact here is that it could very well be any person, male or female, of another race. You’re assumptions don’t help in finding her, nor does your negativity. That’s all. Have a great evening!

10. TAZZ B.G.A says:

Time is running out for All That Know!! Tazz B.G.A

11. Mary says:

I used to work in the State building across the street from where Ms. Barnes disappeared. During the day, the crowd was diverse. Partly because in an area of residential neighborhoods, there were a wide variety of businesses as well. Bernard, I think you are a racist and I don’t agree with your views. I am white and you don’t know what happened to Ms. Barnes and you can not speculate just because of the area she lived in. Find something else to do with your time. I am praying that the police can solve this case soon and praying for a good outcome,too.

1. bernie says:

I presume you believe in the Easter Bunny & the Stork also. I’m not the racist you claim but simply a REALIST.

12. Doug says:

Three months ?
    Come on.
    We all know how this ends.
    Try searching parks,
    and the landfill
    Abducted and held as a sex slave,waiting to be saved?
    Possible,but still rarely occurs.
    Best wishes,non the less.

13. Bernard Mc Kernan says:

Just to give you an idea of how fickle the public’s memory is, the Barnes case when it broke in December three months ago had hundreds of blogs & threads. Look at this thread & there are exactly seventeen including mine. What does that tell you about the interest of this crime? Outside of her family, no one really cares if we live or die. We are a disconnected society.

14. Mother of 5 says:

My feelings on this is that the sister and boyfriend know alot more than there telling and they know it. Who in there right mind would let a 16 year old who knows nothing about the neighborhood out by herself? Think!!! all this stems around the party the night before someone was watching her all night who was that person paying her alittle to much attention? You know exactly who it was but won’t tell police, he saw her that morning around the apartments, he lives nearby boyfriend you know Tell!!! This is a very strong feeling Your friend took a vacation so he said Think!!