D.C. Bar Shooting Suspect Ordered Deported In 2007

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal prosecutors say a man charged with fatally shooting a man at a D.C. bar has been wanted by immigration officials since 2007, after authorities discovered that he was in the country illegally.

At a hearing Monday, prosecutors argued that Alexis Pineda, 24, of Suitland, Md., a native of Guatemala, should be held in the D.C. jail and was a fugitive after immigration officials found him in Arizona and ordered him deported.

Pineda is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Jose Hernandez-Romero, 24, at a bar near the convention center on Sunday. According to charging documents, one witness told police that Pineda had been staring at Hernandez-Romero and shot him after he did not respond to a question.

Pineda was ordered held until an April 21 hearing.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. whatnow says:

Wait, don’t deport him, give him in-state tuition!

1. Not going to take it says:

Amen! Don’t forget food stamps and free health care for his baby mama anchor babies!

2. CoreF says:

Don’t forget a free clinic for his healthcare!

3. chuck says:

I am so sick and tired of hearing this same story repeated over and aver again. It seems that our INS enforcement is the biggest joke on the planet.
    PATHETIC!

If you doubt this for a second watch this

4. Alex says:

if its such a joke you should be the one keeping the thousands crossing the border everyday out… im not saying its not a problem but trashtalking people trying to better our country is just making it worse

1. Not going to take it says:

I would love to keep them out. That’s yet one more of the many broken promises Mr. Obama made. Now, Mr. Owe’Malley and his buddy in PG County are gonna give them In-State Tuition! We’ll never get rid of them now.

5. Mike says:

One of O’Malleys New Friends……..Wecome to THE THIRD WORLD STATE OF MARYLAND

6. johnsonj3 says:

Why is everything that’s going on is our President’s fault? for the people who hate him this much, needs to get off your behinds and run for the office if you can do a better job. Our President is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Get life and stop complaining all the time .

1. ashley says:

hes doing the best job he can ? you have got to be kidding me… not by far sweetie !

7. Wish I could! says:

No! No! No!

You are all wrong.

Deport him so he can try again.

8. J says:

I love it how the illegal immigration problem which has been going on for decades is now all of sudden this Presidents fault.

1. whatnow says:

You mean just like how the mideast problems that have been going on for hundreds of years was all Bush’s fault. When you are president, the buck stops there. By the way, all those mideast countries dictators are falling and people are asking for democracies. Wonder where they got that idea. Hint: Iraq.

1. J says:

I never said the mideast problems were Bush’s fault. Where did you see that in my post??????? My point of my post that you missed was that people need to start becoming solution oriented instead of blaming everyone. Blame doesn’t change the problems we face and that was my point.

9. J says:

Immigration will never stop because you can’t change human will. When you are born into a country where they live in horrid conditions that we can’t even imagine, nothing will stop you from getting to America. I know I wouldn’t let anything stop me if I was in their shoes. Knowing that we can’t stop it, I think we need to figure out a way to start having them pay taxes, because the impression I get is that most people are unhappy that they are free loading. First you stop giving slaps on the wrist to businesses that employ illegals. In normal jobs, you have to submit verification that you are a citizen. Make it that if you are a manger that doesn’t verify and you get caught, you go to jail. Do sweeps to show that you are serious. Part of the problem is that they can work without being taxed because employers pay them under the table. Fixing that problem is key to whatever we do. Then you set up offices to give some sort of ID’s, once they have an identity and they can work assumming you fixed the illegal work problem. Then you can tax them just like everyone else. I’m not saying this right, I’m just saying this is possible. I think more people need to come up with realistic solutions. Building a fence or deporting everyone is not realistic as they will just continue to come back and go under of over a fence.

10. Scott's County says:

Stop giving these MF’s jobs and they won’t have a reason to come here! If America’s poorly educated and poor whites and blacks would put away stupid pride and work the jobs these illegals are willing to work and they’ll be no jobs for them. I don’t understand poor Americans–willing to live on welfare with the negative lable that provide, but don’t want to get out and do some landscaping or washing dishes. Everybody has to start somewhere. As a teen I cleaned out horse stables–now, I make $100k in the medical profession.