Orioles Legend Robinson Recuperating & Getting Messages From Fans

TOWSON, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Fans of Baltimore Orioles legend Brooks Robinson are wishing him well as he recovers from a fever and infection.

Robinson is at Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Towson. He was to have an outpatient procedure there last Thursday, but was admitted after becoming ill. He said in a statement that he’s had a “successful procedure” to relieve his symptoms.

GBMC set up an email address for fans, and hospital officials say the good wishes have been pouring in to getwell@gbmc.org.

Robinson has received hundreds of messages from fans during his hospital stay. Robinson has thanked everyone for their prayers and support.

Robinson, who’s 73, played for the O’s from 1955-1977.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. Lee Miller and Ora Hodges says:

Dear Brooks:

We hope this E-Mail finds you feeling beter. You are one of a kind and a legend in our hearts. We remember those fabulous plays at third and there has been noone since. We hope you have a speedy recovery and you are in our prayers.We wish you and your family all the best.

No. 1 Fans,

Lee Miller and Ora Hodges

2. Don Douglas says:

Brooksie. Hope you’re feeling better! Our thoughts and prayer are with you, and your family. Get well soon. No better person, or player has ever played the”Hot Corner”, then you! Loyal, & Faithful Oriole’s Fan: Don Douglas

3. kristina says:

get well your in my thoughts

4. Barbara Jean says:

Hope your feeling better soon Brooks!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Feel better soon..Love you, you are a TRUE Legend!!!

5. brooks robinson says:

hope you feel better go Orioles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Gerry Chopper says:

Feel better soon, Brook!s!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and family. All of us in Birdland are cheering you on to a speedy recovery! You are truly the heart of Orioles baseball!!!! We love you!!!!!

7. Eddie Clough says:

Brooks. Glad you are feeling better. Years ago, you brought your boys to Parsons Island for hunting. We had a great day.

8. Debbie says:

Get well, Brooks. When we lived in Washington state, my family and I met you at the Kingdom. You were so gracious and kind to my boys. I was excited to finally meet my sports hero! I wasn’t disappointed. You are one of a kind. Please take care.

9. Cindy H. says:

Feel better soon Brooks. You are definitely an icon and one cannot say Orioles without thinking of Brooks. I remember, back in the day, when you would be the last player to leave the parking lot because you signed for EVERYONE. You are not only the best third baseman in baseball history but a true gentleman and our hero.. My prayers are with you and your family.

10. Paul Cawthorne says:

Get well, Brooks. We fellow septuagenarians need you out and about. I made some money on the 1966 World Series. I was doing grad work in Chicago and the people I was living with were SO sure the Dodgers would win. Well, four games later….. We remember what happened, don’t we?

11. ron says:

Brooks,
    Get well and stay stong in your therapy. Born in Balto, moved to New Freedom, PA in ’79, and remained a follower of ” Oriole Magic “.
    Best wishes !!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Ruth Haynes Kenney says:

Brooks, I was a year ahead of you at LRHS in Little Rock back in the 50’s. I have followed your career from the get go. I married Sonny Kenney and have been friends with Larry C.in Little Rock for years. Larry got an autographed picture from you for my Little League grandson “Brooks”. It is on his wall in Abilene, Texas, and he treasures it. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a quick recovery. God Bless.