Court Affirms Md Man’s Threat Convictions

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A federal appeals court has affirmed a Maryland man’s convictions for sending threatening letters to then-President George W. Bush.

A three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond on Friday unanimously rejected Scott Rendelman’s claims that the letters did not amount to genuine threats and that the indictment did not properly allege violations of the law.

Rendelman, 55, mailed the letters to the U.S. Marshals Service in 2005 and 2006, while he was in prison for extortion. In the first, he vowed to kill “government scumbags” and the president after his release from prison. In the second, he said he would kill the president and all White House employees.

Rendelman was convicted by a jury in Greenbelt, Md., and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. kunde says:

    Lots of great reading here, thanks! I had been searching on yahoo when I uncovered your post, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to more from you.

  2. Jeffery says:

    philip,it is truly my honor to address an dvainiiudl as courageou s as you are it’s now sunday and i’m finding it difficult to find any record that the march even occured? this looks like information supression to me anyway, best of luck yo you and all of us as well

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live