WATCH: The Army-Navy pregame right now on WJZ | Who Will Win? | Army-Navy 2016

Senate Approves Of Dogs In Outdoor Dining Areas

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Maryland canines have won an early victory on the last day of the state’s legislative session.

The Maryland Senate voted Monday morning for a bill to allow owners to bring their dogs to outdoor dining areas of restaurants, if restaurant owners say it’s OK.

The measure would take effect in July.

A restaurant owner would have to provide written notice to the local health department if the owner intends to allow dogs.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. JOJO DANCER says:

If you want to have dinner with your dog do it at home.

2. Debbie says:

Such important business. This entire session has gone “to the dogs”. Now they can work on figuring out a way to TAX the dogs.

3. Leah says:

If you don’t want to have dinner with my dog, then stay home!

1. greg bagwell says:

are you a dog leah or a pesron

4. sylvan finkelstein says:

your all dogs so whats the difference…who let the dogs out

5. Awesome Paws says:

LOVE it! All you nay-sayers and dog haters can lick my dog’s paw! This is AWESOME.

6. chris says:

maybe we can have some dog fights down there lls who wants to eat dinner with there dogs, nothing but white people

1. pigeon says:

You really need to pound your racial attitude in the sand!
      Another one who is part of the racial problem – peel off the skin and we are all alike underneath.
      It isn’t you don’t “get it”, it’s cause you don’t want to “be friends”. Hate is no more then a cancer condoned by the devil!

2. a bit weary says:

Honestly, I think people with an IQ under 50 should not be allowed to post. And Chris, go back to school and learn how to write a sentence.

3. Janet DiMurro says:

You should be arrested. Dog fighting is not only disgusting, it’s illegal!

7. CATHY says:

I think it is great to.can not wait to do that

8. Amanda says:

i am a dog lover but a restaurant is not an appropriate place to bring your dog.

9. SNOOP DOG says:

I SEE A BIG OLD MONEY MAKING OPPURNITY

1. a bit weary says:

What exactly is an oppurnity?

10. peppi la pue says:

i guess omally won’t be loney anymore

11. Herman Glimsher says:

OUR LAWMAKERS ARE FREAKIN IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET ELECTED???????

AND, WHO’S THE IDIOT THAT SPONSORED THIS BILL IN THE FIRST PLACE????

I WON’T BE DINING AT ANY RESTAURANT THAT ALLOWS THIS……….ANY RESTAURANT OWNER THAT EVEN CONSIDERS THIS IS NUTS!!!!!!

1. pigeon says:

And what about see & hearing dogs and dogs trained for other medical conditions which people have. Do you feel those people are not also entitled to enjoy life and eat out? Think before you run off at the fingertips writing something so stupid.

12. Cathy says:

Snoop Dog,Yea I see a big one to for you. I imagine you are black.I guess it would be a great time for you to get alot of money from a innocent dog,what are you going to find a hair in your quiche?, Plan now get a good lawyer C

13. Cindy says:

In Europe you find dogs in restaurants, laundries, just about anywhere that humans go.

1. KRATUMIER says:

CINDY LOU STAY IN EUROPE

14. DoggieBag says:

I can just envision the dog fights now…

This gives a whole new meaning to the term doggie bags.

15. Cathy says:

People are getting really worked up about this,the thing with md is people get excited about change, Cindy I know but we are talking about baltimore here,you know what I mean.the dogs will be on leashes and I am shore the owners of the restarant will have rules pertaing to this

16. bmoregyrl says:

If you eat outside then you eat with bugs and people smoking cigerettes so why get worked up about a dog being outside and enjoying the weather with his or her owner. If you don’t like it then stay home or go somewhere they won’t allow dogs. If my dog was still alive I would bring her with me to dinner. I don’t see what the big deal is when you can sit outside with people smoking and ash and whatever else comes along and gets into your food.

17. Linda says:

My dogs have better manners than most children. I’d rather eat with the dogs!
    The law makers have finally done something! Bravo!!!!

18. joyceann says:

I am a dog lover too but come on. dogs pee and poo outside and i certainly don’t want to eat my dinner smelling fecal waste. if therestaurant allows this, i just won’t spend my money there and will find one that doesn’t cater to dogs. this is just silly.

19. pigeon says:

I love it. But please remember your plastic bags and pooper scoopers.
    Wonder how long before someone files some stupid suit on this. Can’t wait to see what happens the first time someone shows up with a Pit or Rottie! Keep your phones/cameras handy.
    I BET MY DOG IS NOT ONLY CUTER THEN YOUR DOG, BUT BET SHE’S SMARTER THEN YOUR HONOR STUDENT!
    Love you Baltimore!