FREDDIE GRAY CASE: Jury Selection Continues Today | LIVE BLOG | WJZ Will Have Complete Coverage Of Officer Porter's Trial At 4, 5 & 6 p.m.

Carbon Monoxide Leak Prompts Howard Co. Motel Evacuation

LAUREL, Md. (AP) — Howard County officials say a Laurel motel was temporarily evacuated and 11 people were taken to area hospitals after high levels of carbon monoxide were found.

Emergency workers were called to the Sleep Inn on Second Street on Saturday evening to check a report of a possible chemical leak.

They found high levels of carbon monoxide and five children complaining of headaches and nausea. Eleven people were taken to hospitals, but all were released after evaluation.

Battalion Chief Eric Proctor says a malfunctioning pool heater that was generating the gas was shut down and after the building was ventilated, people were allowed to return to their rooms.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Track Weather On The Go With Our App!

Listen Live