Request To Move Case To Juvenile Court Denied

BALTIMORE (AP) — A Baltimore judge has denied a request to try a 15-year-old girl charged with first-degree murder as a juvenile.

Police said Arteesha Holt of Baltimore shot Jose Gonzalez-Coreas, 44, and another man during a robbery attempt in August 2010 after they laughed at her because she was so young. Gonzalez-Coreas was hit in the head and died a week later. The other man suffered a graze wound. Holt was 14 at the time.

Holt’s defense argued Monday that she needs the treatment and nurturing she could get in the juvenile system and she has shown that she can do well in structured situations. The state argued that Holt bought into the street life and chooses to do things her way.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. sheriff says:

Good move Judge. These arrogant street thug Blacks have a mind set of my way or no way. A fifteen year old with a gun? Great job in parenting eh? Mom is most likely a crack head & dad is no where around. In jail or shacked up with another Ho.
    She needs to do life without the possibility of parole. Her head is thick as a brick & she needs a little mortar on it.

1. Janelle B says:

Color has NOTHING to do with this!! I do agree that she should be punised for her heinous actions, however from the sounds of things and how you express yourself so IGNORANTLY, sounds like you’re the ARROGANT “STREET THUG” who lacked GOOD parenting…. Maybe we should make sure you are locked up somewhere before you start shooting people… We are ALL GOD’S children (even u “Sheriff”)……….May GOD bless you

1. sheriff says:

Janelle, True to a point & that point like most is very small. I can’t pick up a newspaper in any city in the U.S. & not read a story about a murder, beating, drugs that doesn’t pertain to Blacks. They choose the “Get rich quick or die trying” everytime over patience, schooling & stability. Shame as it is these kids have no say when hatched by their crack head Mothers & derelict Fathers. Almost immediately Grandmon has to take over & is quickly overwhelmed. You can’t compete with Jay Zee, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown. They all made it but millions won’t & they’re too stupid & thick to get it or don’t want to because arrogance is their creed.

2. PAUL E. MICELLI says:

WHEN A ANIMAL TASTES BLOOD IT WILL HUNT FOR BLOOD. THIS IS THE LAW OF NATURE IN ALL FORMS. IF YOU CAN’T DO THE TIME, DON’T DO THE CRIME!!!!!!!! ARMED ROBBERY AND MURDER. I BET SHE GET’S OUT OF THIS BECAUSE SHE WAS MISTREATED AS A CHILD AND THE PRODUCT OF HER ENVIOREMENT. HOGWASH. LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE IS TOO EASY, THAT’S WHY THE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT LAWS NEED TO BE PUT BACK ON THE BOOKS. I BET IF SHE KNEW SHE WOULD BE SENT TO THE GAS CHAMBER OR HANGED FOR THESE ACTIONS SHE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TWICE, SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT BEFORE COMMITTING THE CRIMES.

3. Michael says:

I wish there truly was a right to freedom of speech, but if I write what I want right now I will be censored and my post will not be visible.
    LET HER ROT IN HELL

4. Janelle B says:

Just because you have the right to say what you want, does NOT mean you should degrade someone’s character, or offend others by your choice of words. Like I said before COLOR has nothing to do with this, and as BAD as I would like to stoop to your level…. I won’t. The last time I checked there were just as many other people other than Blacks who are in the news for unexcuseable crimes… maybe you both should go back and do some research and get EDUCATED….

5. Michael says:

Janelle
    You need to leave Wonderland and get a life or maybe you should blame WJZ for the problems of the African American citizens of Baltimore.
    Are you saying that they choose only to report crimes that are perpetrated by Blacks or is it that the Blacks are the ones committing the crimes that are so newsworthy. The media is not making up the stories to sensationalize the crime spree the Blacks seem to want to continue pushing on society. It is just the facts
    Open your eyes and educate yourself!!!

6. Janelle B says:

Michael Michael Michael………It’s obvious you’re an ANGRY person who probally hates everyone including yourself.. I feel really sorry for you. It’s obvious you just want to “SOUND” off about the hatred you have against Black people. Where in any of my comments did I blame the media for the IGNORANT things YOU said??? WJZ or any other news station aren’t respsonsible for the way you choose to voice your opinion. I would never blame the media for only reporting crimes about Black people. The last time I checked they were reporting crimes on other people other than Blacks. Maybe you should read CAREFULLY at what I said and most importanly THINK before you speak. It’s not my job to sit and judge anyone, (including YOU) that’s left up to GOD. I pray that GOD has mercy on you and that someday you let go of ALL the HATRED you have in your heart. It’s funny that you can sit and say what you want on an internet post but probally would NEVER say it in public….you probally eat lunch with a black person everyday at work and talk to…HA if you a job. Now now….let me go beofre I say something I’ll have to repenet for. Have a WONDERFUL life Michael and may the peace of GOD be with U always……🙂