WATCH: CBS coverage of Army-Navy game right now on WJZ | Who Will Win? | Army-Navy 2016

MTA Bus Involved In Accident In Rosedale

ROSEDALE, Md. (WJZ)— A MTA bus and a car collided in Baltimore County on Sunday. No major injuries were reported.

Baltimore County Police arrived at Golden Ring and Philadelphia Roads at around 4:15 p.m. on Sunday, where they found a collision between a MTA bus and one vehicle.

Police say a car ran into the parked MTA bus.

Twelve people were taken to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries. Two others refused treatment.

Comments

1. PAUL E. MICELLI says:

NO WONDER WITH THE WAY THEY DRIVE. I ALMOST GOT A HEAD ON WITH THE MTA BUS AT PONCA AND EASTERN AVE WHEN THE DRIVER OF THE BUS HAD HIS BLINKING LIGHTS TO TURN LEFT AND PROCEEDED TO ZOOM INTO THE INTERSECTION WITH CELL PHONE IN HAND AND GLUED TO HIS EAR.

1. Jim says:

Dude, I have seen more bad drivers in cars. They think they can drive like a maniac and the truck will be able to stop. People know that using a cell phone will driving is only a secondary offense, that is why I carry a cell phone jammer. When I see someone driving and talking, I ride next to them while jamming their signal. I want to get a taser, that will work just as well.

2. Antoine Scales says:

i was on that bus. Only one person was clearly hurt. The other 10 or so were clearly scamming the system.

1. blackice says:

Antoine Scales

you are wrong for commenting on the other ten people medical conditions.
      you must have scam the system in the past to just come out with a off the wall comment about people you do not know personally and only met them one time by riding the same MTA bus.. what medical degree do you have to say that you have the qualifications to know the ten people medical conditions? you are not a doctor. i do not know not of any doctors that would ride the MTA public bus unless their car broke down on the road on their way coming from or to work.

1. jon says:

True, they may not have a medical degree, but you can usually tell when an injury is real. When you see 1 person crying in pain, and 10 others talking about “man, what jerks. These people can drive,” then the ambulance rolls up, and those 10, all of the sudden, start saying, “ouch, my back, my neck, my leg. Ohh the pain. The state has money (yeah right) they’re gonna pay for this.” You know they are faking.

2. williejoe says:

Bet they were all Black or Jewish or Both.

1. what says:

reallly? get a life man

3. Notsure says:

wish i was on that bus cuz best believe i would have been hurt…wether if i relle was or not…lmao!

3. tanya says:

The drivers on Philadelphia road are so aggressive.they all need to slow down and stop trying to get no where fast.I’ve seen cars ride Mtas bumpers or trying to get around them before the light changes.just ridiculous.

4. Deb says:

“If you have a phone you have a lawyer.

5. Tina says:

Philadelphia Rd is EXTREMELY dangerous! Especially in the area where the accident happened…And MTA does not have a safe area for their riders right near where that bus was stopped.. I live in Rosedale & they really need to crack down on speeding on that road.

6. Michael Nauton says:

THE BUS WAS STOPPED ! IT WAS HIT IN THE ASS !

PAY ATTENTION !

7. Jim says:

Car drivers need to stop fooling around or talking on the cell phone and PAY ATTENTION. It should be a stoppable offense for the police. I drove a truck for many years and the car drivers seem to think the truck can stop on a dime, and the car cuts off the truck. Then, when the car is hit, the stupid courts find the truck driver at fault, when it is clearly the car drivers fault. People realize this and take full advantage of it. Maybe the truck driver should flatten the car, then there would be one less driver cutting off a truck.. AGAIN, car drivers, PAY ATTENTION

8. just saying says:

12 people hurt on the bus? BS!!! More like 12 people saw $$$$……

And like the other reader stated, the bus was rear-ended….when your hit from behind its usually the person in the rear is is at fault almost 99% of the time…just sayin!

9. tom says:

I hate it when people run the red light on a turn signal. I like being the first one in line to go straight, that way, as soon as the straight light turns green, I go, getting them stuck in the middle of the intersection looking like an a** ! The same with those who pull under the traffic signal when they can go no further, so this way they made the light when it turns red, right. Doing this is illegal and inconsiderate of those you block when their light is green

10. blackice says:

well, we all know it is the lawyers, doctors and insurance companies that are running all the way to the bank. the people in the accidents only receive their percentage of the case settlement.

1. jon says:

True, BUT most people out for any money will settle for that, or they THINK they will get a fortune. I had a work related anjury in which I am now handi-capped, permanently, and I hardly got anything. It was a true accident, I did not do it to collect money, but once it happened, I saw how little the injured actually get. Some people keep getting (faking) injured, over and over, hoping to collect a lot of money. As soon as they see the ambulance coming, ouch, my neck hurts too. And, if you constantly throw yourself into a situation hoping to collect, you may really get injured permanently, and there is no going back. It is not worth it. Too much pain for too little money.

11. williejoe says:

The MTA is a monority jobs work program funded in part by the Federal government (you & me) & a small portion by the ridership. They are for the most part drivers with low I.Q.& surly attitudes.

12. williejoe says:

The problem with drivers who drive reckless & speed while talking on cell phones is that they are really going no where in life period!….Literally & figuratively.

13. can you hear me now? says:

the cell phone law is pointless….one out of every three drivers still talks on the cell phone while driving, the police have their hands tied until legislation is enacted that makes driving while on a cell phone a primary violation instead of a secondary violation…..write your local congressman and complain!