Humane Society Seizes Dog In Md. Sheep Attack

FUNKSTOWN, Md. (WJZ) — A bloodbath.  That’s how it looked to the owners of a flock of sheep, mauled and killed by two pit bulls in western Maryland.

Alex DeMetrick reports the attack happened on a farm in Washington County after the dogs got loose from a home in a residential neighborhood.

Sunday morning, Joe Frey entered his barn near the community of Funkstown to feed his flock of sheep.  Instead, he found two pit bull dogs.

“They were barking and growling and my first instinct was, I had nothing to defend myself with so I just backed right out of the barn,” Frey said.

He made it to a door and closed the dogs in.  His son came with a gun and killed one of the dogs.  The other fled.

That’s when Frey saw the damage.

“I had dead sheep, I had sheep that were standing here with no jaw, no nose, jaw hanging down that we had to put down,” he said.

Twenty sheep were attacked and 12 died.  The survivors show signs of the mauling: wounds and broken bones.

“It’s like losing a child.  These animals were priceless to us,” said Debbie Frey.

The dog that ran off was tracked to a home in Funkstown and taken into custody by Animal Control.

“The dog has been deemed vicious and dangerous,” said James Bowers, Maryland State Police.

“They’re kept in the house.  They’re all inside dogs,” said Kayla Murphy, who owns the dogs.

Murphy says the two pit bulls never showed signs of aggression before.  She says Bubba—the dog shot and killed—and Isabella where gentle around children and other animals.

“I feel bad for what has happened to the farmer’s animals but I don’t believe they did it,” she said.  “He was my four-legged furry child.  He was my world.”

But the Freys are dealing with their own loss, and it isn’t over yet.

“These sheep are not out of the woods by any stretch,” said Joe Frey.

The pit bull owner says she wants her dog back.

A pending hearing by the Animal Control authority will make that decision.

More from Alex DeMetrick

1. kasey says:

If she “participated” in the attack how could you trust such a wacko to keep the dog confined? I think the dogs should be turned on her. What a horrible way for those poor sheep to die, being torn apart by the dogs. Thank God the farmer was able to run to safety.

1. reader says:

kasey, the sentence doesn’t say the owner participated in the attack. it says “a dog believed to have participated in the attack”.

1. rmsbl4 says:

Isabella is the she in the story, the dog that missed getting killed. If these were indoor dogs then I guess the sheep invaded the dogs home.

2. steve says:

the fact that are/were pitbulls really has nothing to do with it. dogs are preditors by nature. typically two or more dogs, of any breed, running in the country will eventually chase something that runs. i find it hard to believe this was the first time they got loose. this woman clearly cant handle two dogs if they are looking for entertainment elsewhere. the fact that they were pitbulls is what catches attention. if it were two german shepards, the headline would have read “Dogs attack sheep”. quit bashing the breed. its the humans that tend to own them that should be put down. NEUTER YOUR DOGS! NO BACKYARD BREEDING!

1. Bobby says:

2. Epidi says:

Pittys are good dogs. I agree that it’s the owner’s fault for letting them get loose and not keeping them under control. Although I’m sorry she has lost her dogs, I feel for the farmer and restitution should be paid for his livestock. If it were two german shepards, as Steve states, they might have been herded to death, lol. But, if any dog’s prey drive is high enough, it can be aggressive towards what it considers prey. Pittys (or any dog) aren’t the demons they are portryed to be by the media – they are dogs following thier instincts and lack a owner/handler who knows how to curb or manifest those instincts in a positive manner.

3. Larry says:

I agree with you ezcept the part on turning the dogs on her. Thats going a little to far and could be criminal intent.

2. syren says:

I read it incorrectly at first, too. poor syntax.

3. Squaregrouper says:

As a Pit Bull owner, I have several things to say… #1- Were they actually Pits, or is the media once again labelling any vicious dog as a Pitbull? #2- Both dogs should be put down. #3- The farmer should have shot both dogs, on site, and we wouldn’t have to deal with the upcoming legal debacle. #4- Any vicious animal OR human physically attacks my wife or pets ON MY PROPERTY, they will be shot on site, no questions asked. I’ll deal with the jury later.

1. Kurt says:

Good post! No dog or man would even be able to get close to my family. I am with you SG, they would have been shot on site.

2. Gael O says:

Looks like a PIt in the video.

3. PK says:

I would think that finding the dogs “inside” the barn with the injured/dead sheep would allay any hint of a “but my dog didn’t do it” defense. To further add to that – if these dogs were inside dogs (Quote: “They’re kept in the house. They’re all inside dogs,” ) what the hecky-darn were they doing in a neighbors barn???

Irresponsible dog owners give every dog owner a bad name.

(Different rant)
      I live in the country and I’m tired of folks dumping their “no longer wanted” animals in my area and forcing non-involved folks to either pay $$ to drop the dog off at the local shelter ($50 to $80 per animal in this area) or blow 50 cents on a bullet. The majority of the dogs dumped in the country get the 50 cent treatment.

4. beavo040 says:

It’s media gone wild, like usual. Seeing as after all these years, the media still hasn’t taken the time to do any form of research. My point is, there is no such breed as a ‘Pitbull’ and anyone who knows anything about canines will agree. They continue to group about 20-25 different breeds of dogs into a general group, and call that group, ‘Pitbulls’. Before anyone try’s to disagree, go to and see how well you can identify a ‘pitbull’……….

4. Kurt says:

I say send the dog owner’s family a big bill for the sheep! The dog was gentle? Obviously, not any longer. Suppose the killed had been a toddler?

“Murphy says the two pit bulls never showed signs of aggression before. She says Bubba—the dog shot and killed—and Isabella where gentle around children and other animals.” — Umm “where gentle around children”. Does anyone proofread these before they post them?

1. PK says:

Oh absolutely! Around here weaned lamb (3 months old or so) are bringing $120 each. Grown sheep are bringing much more. These people lost 12 animals and I’d avg a cost of $500 to $600 a head . . . that’s $6000 to $7200 in lost animals. You forgot – tack on cost of vet treatment for the other injured animals and that will run in the 1000’s also.

If you can’t it the incompetent with morality and common sense – hit them in the pocketbook. Some will never learn that for every negative action there is a cost involved.

2. Melissa Vazsonyi says:

I agree the owner of the dogs should pay for they destroyed sheep and the sheep that survived vet bills. I like the breed of the dog but if a dog kills animals like this it is going to hurt a person also. The remaining dog should be put down. The owner of these dogs is not too bright saying it was not her dogs. She is just making it worse by saying it was not them.

1. beavo040 says:

Canines of all breeds are known to show animal aggression, which has nothing to do with human aggression. Before making an ignorant statement, please have something to base your remarks on. 10 minutes worth of research would have provided you with viable information and kept you from looking like a putz!

5. Herman Glimsher says:

1. silly herman says:

you are so hilarious, Herman! Keep up the silliness, it makes us all laugh.

6. Save the sheep says:

I agree with Herman, “Kill the dog.”

7. Janet says:

If they actually were the dogs who mauled and killed, then I think the dog should be put to sleep. How did the dog escape if the owner of the sheep locked him in. I hope the dog is examined to see if any evidence of a mauling is apparent. If so maybe the owner needs to explain herself better. Controlling her dogs is what this is all about. The victims need all sheep replaced and the courts should see to this, but even that cannot replace their peace of mind. Animals on both sides died because of human error as usual. Shame on these dog owners. I don’t want to here they love their dogs when something like this happens.

1. me says:

The dog that was shot can be identified as one of the dog owner’s two dogs. I would imagine that if she is missing a dog, identifies the dead dog as her’s, more than likely the other dog is her second dog. Then there would be no doubt that her dogs killed the sheep. The farmer shot one of her dogs in the barn, while it was getting ready to attack him after it had attacked the sheep and had blood all over it. That about sums it up. Those dogs were not gentle and was only a matter of time before one or both mauled that baby.

8. elemenator27 says:

The dogs escaped the barn out of the doors that lead into the yard the dogs went different ways and both could not be followed so only one could be shot! there is no way these dogs were not beaten or taught to be mean I don’t care what the owner says it doesnt attack 20 sheep and maul 12 to death without being aggresive! The dead dog i”m sure can be examined for evidence of sheep remains! and once a dog gets the taste of blood that does not leave them!! And yes they were pure breed pitbulls!

1. Ginny says:

I hate when people assume that just because a dog kills another animal it is going to be aggresive towards humans. Animal aggression is very different than human aggression. It is not true once a dog gets a taste of blood the taste doesn’t leave them. Just because a dog attacks another animal does not mean it will attack a human nor does it mean it’s aggressive. It is not uncomon for animals to attack other animals. Unfortunately some dogs have a higher pray drive. Do you think hunting dogs once they kill another animal they turn human aggressive? Think about it! This is an unfortunate situation but by no means should the dog be put down.

1. me says:

Yes they should be put down. They killed 12 sheep and injured 20 others. I have two large dogs and neither one would kill livestock. They wouldn’t even kill kittens. They were not taught to be aggressive/. These dogs were taught to attack other animals.

We read about pits mauling small children all the time and the owners usually say “my dog never showed signs of aggression before” and then come to find out the dog had a history of attacking other animals in the neighborhood.

9. Vanessa Harper says:

Pit bulls are vicious animals. Whether they are trained to fight or not, these animals are vicious and are horribly deceiving. In one instance you see a photo of the dog sitting next to a vulnerable infant and the owners of that dog think that it’s such a sweet and loving pet. But that dog can turn on you, that infant, or anyone or anything in an instant. For people who say things like ‘hate the breeder not the breed’ I ask you one question… Do you ever hear of Golden Retrievers mauling people or animals? Tell me what other kind of dog mauls or kills as frequently as pit bulls do and then you tell me if these dogs aren’t ‘Natural Born Killers.”

1. educated says:

Learn your facts. Golden Retrievers are just as capable of injuring a child. Any dog CAN bite same as any child CAN hit. It is all a matter of what they are taught and what they are allowed to get away with. If these “sweet” dogs had complete rule of the house and were treated like people and told “no no don’t do that pooky” and not truly disciplined then they became the alpha’s in their pack. Anyone with any kind of background in dog training will tell you that a poorly trained dog is an ill-behaved dog. Far more frequent are little bites from Poodles, Jack Russels and other such “friendly” breeds. Because they are smaller or because Fido “didn’t really mean it” they are not often reported. Also, smaller dogs with weaker jaws do less damage. It isn’t that they don’t attack, just that then tend not to be as severe. The do happen and rather frequently I might add.

I am not saying that what these dogs did was ok by any stretch of the imagination. They should be put down for what happened and restitution paid to the farmer.

1. Creech says:

Lets put it this way…with their strong jaws aren’t they bound to kill easier than a golden retriever? Can you deny that they are much more potentially deadlier machines than most animals?

2. SaraE says:

Right “educated.” There are currently TWO pit bull violent stories on CNN. They ARE more violent than any other dog breed, by far. Get YOUR facts straight, and open your naive eyes.

3. Rddunkall says:

Wow SaraE- perhaps you should get “educated” and look up the statistics before you are so naive in the future. I’m also hoping you don’t get all of your news from one source. I suggest taking a class on mass media communication someday before you believe everything you read.

4. Just The Facts says:

“Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996….[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities.” (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R. Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. JAVMA 2000;217:836-840.)

The Clifton study of attacks from 1982 through 2006 produced similar results. According to Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes were responsible for 65% of the canine homicides that occurred during a period of 24 years in the USA. (Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.)

5. still an educated owner says:

Of course they can do more damage, I never said that they were perfect family dogs. A sharpened pencil is more dangerous then an unsharpened one. It comes down to responsibility. The pittbull is a higher energy dog with drive and they require a knowledgable owner. They need structure, a good exercise routine and most importantly an alpha owner. This is not a dog you can put with just any owner and expect them to do well. Their breeding and background plays a part too. Since we don’t know what the parents were like, we don’t know if the parents had a particularly strong prey drive. Quite frankly, breed legislation scares me. Where do we draw the line? I have a GSD and already have a hard time getting homeowners insurance because someone in a suit decided they were “dangerous”. If we make laws outlawing one breed or another it is difficult to tell where to stop. I would also point out that just because it is the most in the news doesn’t make it acceptable to advocate what I would consider genocide. Sometimes it isn’t just about the bad things that are reported, but the good things that are not.

I worked for some time in a shelter and I can say from personal experience, I was bitten once by a shepherd mix, twice by retrievers (one of which bite me multiple times) four times by Jack Russels and more times then I can count by Poodles and Chihuahuas. Never once did any of the pits ever show so much as a tooth. Based on what I went through I would class poodles as the worst ever family dog for bites and retrievers for turn overs due to the number of injuries sustained when a child was knocked down. They are not inherently bad dogs though, just poorly trained ones. The difference is you don’t hear stories about the evil, fuzzy poodle.

Someone pointed out below some really good information as well about things you are more likely to die from. Just something to think about.

6. Dogs are better than people says:

SaraE: no honey, they are not a violent breed, they are a strong breed, and you don’t see idiots like this owner (et al) training their poodles or beagles or hound dogs to fight or intimidate. You people who think you are any better than these creatures…you who call for their slaughter… you are worse than the dogs! You can reason and respect the sanctity of life whereas animals (of most species) act based on training, treatment and/ or instinct. They can’t reason…clearly you have trouble in that are as well.

2. Stephanie Mauser says:

pit bulls CAN BE vicious animals. as can any dog. unfortunately, when a pit does bite, they are built in a way that allows them to do a lot of damage, whether they are actually trying to or not, more so than some other breeds., for what i have found to be a good history of the breed. read it and then you might understand why it is that what sometimes seems like a perfectly good family pet can end up being put down as a vicious nuisance animal. not every pit that bites is some gang bangers guard dog that’s been raised up to attack anyone and everyone.

3. ha ha says:

No they’re not. State the source of your facts, please.

10. RDNKKKGRL says:

1. ha ha says:

State the source for your facts, please…

You know what’s funny about proud rednecks? They’re dumb, and they know their dumb, they’re proud of being dumb and the dumbest thing of all is that they still open their mouths and say dumb things and think the rest of us will take their opinions seriously! LOL!!!!! How dumb can you get? (p.s., I’m using the colloquial “dumb”, not the literal form)

1. ha ha says:

**they’re. (dumb smart phone)

11. Resa DeLaughter says:

The owner says “I don’t believe they did it”. OK, why is one of her dogs dead on the sheep owners property?

1. More Educated Than "Educated" says:

This is because the owner is clearly on crack. “I don’t believe they did it?” Well, she needs to be charged for letting them out in the open, she should NEVER be able to purchase ANY other pit for the rest of her life, she needs to PAY that farmer ALL the money he lost for the dead sheep, plus the medical bills for the remaining sheep. I am SO sick of reading these pit stories EVERY single week. Someone dies, someone is mauled by THIS breed, and yes, or another pet dies by the mouth of this breed-YES-it is ONLY the PIT breed that is doing this! I will go as far as to say that they need to BAN this breed permanently, and STOP breeding them, and also stop letting stupid people like this woman buying them. They BETTER put her remaining dog down, and the court needs to charge her fully.

1. ? says:

And your data comes from? Just because the only info you bother to read about is on pittbulls does not mean it is the breed.

12. FoxtrotBravo says:

Kill the pit, you all yell.. poor sheep, you all scream! Is this BEFORE or AFTER you stuff your faces with COW, PIG, LAMB, or CHICKEN!? A dog (carnivore) found itself in a situation where it had MEAT cornered.. and its considered “vicious”?! Suppose if the dog was browsing the aisles at Walmart and found its MEAT in plastic wrap, it wouldnt be so vicious! Hypocrites

1. Scott Bast says:

You’re joking, right? I mean, while I agree that all animals, being made of meat, qualify as a potentially tasty and nutritious meal, the law regards pets and farm animals as property. So, I re-post my earlier thought: if you’re dumb enough to own a pit pull, you’re wealthy enough to pay for the sheep. See you at the annual hot dog cook out on the pier behind PETA headquarters this summer! But, this time, bring your own damned condiments.

1. FoxtrotBravo says:

If her “property” damaged someone elses “property” of course she should pay damages. But crying foul because a carnivore ate meat it cornered, is hypocritical. And your stats are incorrect. Correct them. Verify them. Stop repeating them until you have done so. PETA kills many pit and “vicious” breed dogs to satisfy the likes of yourself and the other simpletons who dont have dogs, stuff your gullets with murdered animals, and need polticians to fluff pillows to make you feel safe. Again, correct your stats.. and dont attack one animal for tasting another while you sanction the brutal klling of farm animals, such as these sheep, to get your daily fix.

2. Ginny says:

@foxtrotbravo – well said!!!

2. Linda says:

If we consider your comment about a carnivore getting a meal — just how many sheep does one dog need to eat? Twelve dead sheep and more injured doesn’t constitue two hungry dogs looking for a meal, it is two out of control dogs killing just for the sake of killing.

3. OJ says:

Wow! What an ignorant statement.
      You obviously have no idea what happened.
      THINK about it.

1. OJ says:

I was commenting about FoxtrotBravo’s statement.

2. ha ha says:

FoxTrot…I agree whole heartedly. Humans murder for food, but let a put bull do it and they want to kill them, too. Man, humans are vicious.

13. Bart Gault says:

Just so you all know factually, Pit Bulls represent approximately 7% of the dog population in the US, but around 60% of the fatal dog attacks against people. Run the numbers. Those are real. Certainly there are some great Pit Bulls, but the tendency of the breed is very negative on our society and our people. They are the most aggressive breed of dog. Certainly other type bite, but few of those kill. Rottweilers are the second most dangerous breed. Irrespective of a responsible owner, these dogs are dangerous. When I see one, I will cross the street to keep my distance. Now go ahead and comment, but try real facts.

1. Ginny says:

I don’t know where you got 7% of the dog population fact but check this out:

A Dose of Reality

1.) Since 1992, the breed most involved in fatal attacks has been the
      Rottweiler, not the pit bull.

2.) Although there are no accurate or even near accurate census records
      for dogs in the U.S., in some populations pit bulls are estimated to
      comprise some 30-40% of the dog population, making it a very popular
      breed. Considering that there were an estimated 53,000,000 dogs in the
      U.S., and assuming that pit bulls make up 10% of that population, there
      would be approximately 5.3 million pit bulls in our society. In 2000, 13 pit
      bulls were involved in 8 fatal attacks. That is roughly ONE dog out of
      204,000 – or .000385 percent of the pit bull population.

3.) Over the 37-year period from 1965-2001, pit bulls have been blamed
      for an average of 2.48 human fatalities per year.

4.) About 40 people (children) per year die by drowning in 5-gallon water
      pails. A person, during their lifetime, is 16 times more likely to drown in a
      5-gallon water pail than to be killed by a pit bull.

5.) Approximately 50 children in the US are killed every year by their cribs
      – 25 times the number of children and adults killed by pit bulls.

6.) Approximately 150 people are killed every year by falling coconuts.
      Therefore, you are more than 60 TIMES MORE LIKELY to be killed by a
      PALM TREE than a pit bull.

7.) Each year, 350 people drown in their bathtubs. You are 151 times
      more likely to be killed by your bathtub than you are by a pit bull.

8.) It is estimated that about 500 deaths per year are caused by aspirin.
      You are more than 200 times more likely to die from taking aspirin than
      from a pit bull attack.

9.) Every year, more than 2,000 children in the U.S. are killed by their
      parents or guardians either through abuse or neglect. A child is more
      than 800 times more likely to be killed by their adult caretaker than by a
      pit bull.

10.) It is estimated that 5,000,000 dogs per year are killed in shelters.
      Since in many places pit bulls make up 30-50% of the shelter population,
      and are less likely to be considered for placement than any other breed,
      guessing that 25% of those dogs killed is a reasonable estimate.
      Therefore, it can be assumed that perhaps 1.25 million pit bulls are killed
      per year.

Therefore – it is at least a HALF MILLION TIMES MORE LIKELY that a pit
      bull will be killed by a HUMAN than the other way around.

11.) For every pit bull who kills, there are hundreds of thousands that

1. Jamie says:

Awesome post, Ginny. Unfortunately, those who drink the Kool-Aid of Pittbull hate will doubtfully ever be convinced that they may be mistaken about this much-maligned breed. It is very sad indeed that so many sweet, loving, forgiving, and loyal animals are destroyed every single day. As with any breed, or species, especially humans, there are some bad apples. With the dogs, it’s usually due to some kind of ill treatment received by a human. But a rational person simply cannot condemn an entire breed based on the behavior of a select few. If that was acceptable, there wouldn’t be many animals OR humans left on this planet at all. ESPECIALLY humans.

2. JQP says:

I love this post…this is what I keep asking the pit bull haters…where are your facts apart from the sensationalist media? Thank you.

14. mike edom says:

No bad dogs , only bad ownwers , some people should never have dogs , poodles , labradors or pitt bullls , the owner should be sued and pay for the loss of the sheep ownwer .

15. Scott Bast says:

If you’re dumb enough to own a pit, you’re rich enough to pay for the sheep.

1. ha ha says:

really? what does that mean? are you shooting for inanity or just looking to start an argument… get a grip silly pants.

16. DAWN MERKEL says:

Why don’t we stop breeding pitbulls, it’s ridiculous the stories EVERYDAY of them attacking and killing, especially to children and other animals that are helpless, it makes me sick!!! WHy in the world would anyone own an animal like this when there are many other more gentle breeds to choose from, people are more important than animals, come on people!!

17. Cleetus Jones Murphy says:

kills the vicious creatures before they kill humans. APBT are killing machines, with a predisposed behavioral propensity to kill and maim and slaughter. anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant fool!!

1. ha ha says:

this from a guy named cleetus… did you grow up on hildebrandt court?

18. Sgooch Mapooch says:

where are all the bleeding hearts trying to defend these murderous creatures?? have the APBT apologists finally given up trying to defend these beings?? the truth hurts. 7% of the dog population, 60% of all fatal dog attacks.

1. Doglover says:

Since 1992, the breed most involved in fatal attacks has been the
      Rottweiler, not the pit bull.

Every year, more than 2,000 children in the U.S. are killed by their
      parents or guardians either through abuse or neglect. A child is more
      than 800 times more likely to be killed by their adult caretaker than by a
      pit bull.

Although there are no accurate or even near accurate census records
      for dogs in the U.S., in some populations pit bulls are estimated to
      comprise some 30-40% of the dog population, making it a very popular
      breed. Considering that there were an estimated 53,000,000 dogs in the
      U.S., and assuming that pit bulls make up 10% of that population, there
      would be approximately 5.3 million pit bulls in our society. In 2000, 13 pit
      bulls were involved in 8 fatal attacks. That is roughly ONE dog out of
      204,000 – or .000385 percent of the pit bull population.

19. ck morris says:

exactly what is a real pitt bull or a backyard bred dog by an idoit who knows nothing of the breed as a pitt bull owner and dog trainer, pitt bulls were bred to be animal aggressive and human friendly pitts are not for everyone and the owner of those dogs does not deserve to own a pitt bull (if it’s a real pitt bull) any owner of a pitt that gets out is an irresponsible owner i’ll bet the dogs never even got out of the house to excerise, socialize, and have a life outside that house which is cruel in itself as a pitt owner my pitt has been attacked by another pitt and a rottie and never once fought back and lives with four other dogs why because my pitt is excersised two hours a day, socialzes with everything in life, people, dogs, cats, birds, etc… and would never put my Pitt in any situation where could cause him to attack anohter animal remove the pitt from the irresponsible dog owner

20. ck morris says:

BTW you Pitt haters out there you are just ignorant all I hear from the haters is what you read about in the new Truth: 95% of reported Pitt Bull attacks are not even real pitt bull Can you pitt haters even identify a real APBT go to and I’ll bet all of you haters cannot find the Pitt Bull when you get it wrong it just means you are uninformed and have no idea what you are talking about

1. Susan says:

Maybe you need to look at some photos of children who have been ripped apart by these misunderstood dogs – or even better see it in person – I think you will change your tune when a small child is hanging onto life support after a pit bull has ripped her apart. I’ve seen this – and will never forget it.

1. ha ha says:

maybe you should look at some pictures of slaughtered cows, or maybe some images from the death camps in Nazi Germany to see what evil human beings are capable of…. oh wait, let me guess…it’s not the same thing…right?

2. haha says:

Perhaps you need to look at some pictures of slaughtered cows, or maybe some images from the death camps in Nazi Germany to see what evil human beings are capable of…. oh wait, let me guess…it’s not the same thing…right?

21. Bea Elliott says:

Has anyone calculated or even considered how many sheep and lambs human predators “bloody up” for wool and eventually at the slaughterhouses for something they consider “food”? And we’re not even pit bulls! We ought to know better… Surely we ought to.

22. moiraesfate says:

Its time to destroy this breed. They are too dangerous to have around other living beings. They are bred to kill.

1. Murderers says:

Absolutely right…oh wait…you were talking about the dogs, I was talking about people who refer to other living beings as a “breed” and have no qualms about taking their lives.

23. Me! says:

I don’t understand why some people have such a hard time keeping their dogs contained. Did she not notice two large dogs were missing from her home? Let me say that I adopted a dog (a dachsund) that was a stray. I’ve had him several months now, but when I first got him, he was a very different dog off the leash. The first few times I let him run free in my yard, he was very aggressive toward my two dogs, he ran the opposite way when you called him, he cowered in a corner to eat a cookie while constantly looking over his shoulder, and you couldn’t get near him if he had anything… food, toy, paper towel, stick… He growled and snapped! On the leash, he was fine. My point: Dogs act differently in differently situations. They may have been fine in her house, but outside of her house or off her property, they were obviously quite different. Very sad for all involved and should never have happened.

24. Traci L Robbins says:

Sue that p.o.s. for the lost sheep !

25. Flo says:

My 12 lb. Pom was attacked by a pit bull. The owner’s mother called me a liar. I was force fed a big whopping dose of I Hate Pit Bulls Kool Aid. And, by extension, a nice dose of I Hate Their Deluded Owners, Too Kool Aid.

26. jstvisiting says:

The dogs were in the mans barn. The man shot at the dogs in his barn. Hmmm? Seems pretty clear to me. This woman can say all she wants about the dogs, but where were the dogs? Not in her home!! I’m surprised the other dog hasn’t been put down yet.

27. Netty says:

And yet another idiot owns a dog.

28. pamik says:

Unfortunately, a pit is a pit. Doesn’t matter how nice and friendly they are or how kind they are treated. It seems as though they have a mean gene in them that just cannot be controlled at times. Does this lady know what she’s going to have to pay to replace the dead sheep and treat the wounded ones? How can she deny the dogs were hers when one is dead? I love pits but would not keep one as a pet just for their unpredictable nature.

29. BigZ says:

There is a very distinct nature to this story that has been repeated several times in the past and that is the fact that the owner has had no problems with the dog in the past and that they are ‘sweet animals’. This is what is disturbing. Yes, Pits are great dogs but the tendency for them to very suddenly and without warning summon this vicious behavior is unacceptable. Own a pit if you want, but there must be much stricter guidelines on the basis of socialization, contact with the public and legal responsibilities. Personally, I will NOT allow my dog around another Pit simply because of this unpredictability. They have a very distinct advantage over my dog and that is that at ANY moment they can almost instantly kill my dog and I am not okay with that risk.

30. icvmcky says:

Pitbulls were developed to be vicious and fight. It’s inbred. Kill them all and outlaw the breed.

1. Harriet Marmafrumpet says:

Judging by your wilful ignorance on the matter, and the fact that you blindly swallow whatever you’ve been spoonfed by the media, I’d hazard that you’re “inbred” as well. Good job. The breed was originally developed as a companion dog, and as with all registered breeds, some degree of linebreeding was done.

31. Susan says:

Pit Bulls should be eradicated. My 7 year old granddaughter was mauled while playing in her own yard by a neightbor’s “well behaved” pit bull . If it wasn’t for another neighbor and her mother – the dog would have killed her. She has had to endure two surgeries and a third soon. These dogs attack without being provoked due to interbreeding and genetic problems. I am sick of hearing how wonderful these dogs are – the statistics talk for themselves – these dogs are unpredictable, vicious animals.

1. ha ha says:

Look, I live in the city and in just our row of homes the are 6 pit bulls, two huskies, a corgie and some sort of mut. I watch innocent kids between the ages of 5 and 14/15 walk past our back yards where all of our dogs are at any given time doing their business and torment the dogs. Oh it is SOOOOO funny to see the dogs go ballistic when these innocent kids pretend to climb over the fences or throw things at them or try to grab them by the tail…hilarious. Now, let me say that in the eight years I have been here, not once have any of these dogs bitten or mauled anyone, not even the innocent kids. In fact, the most affable dogs are the pit bulls, the mut and the huskies are straight up mean.

32. Harriet Marmafrumpet says:

The comments about eradicating the dogs are laughable. Do we vow to eradicate humans because they can and do act unpredictably? The onus is on the owner, to whom the animals’ behaviour should be predictable. If it’s not, they have no business owning dogs of any kind.

33. dunbanddumber says:

They should turn the dogs loose in the tractor-trailers filled with 513 dirtly illiegals!

34. Violent Humans blame the dog. says:

Human beings injure and kill more animals and people in an hour than pit bulls are reported for in a decade. We should put them down… get rid of the breed entirely…the human breed, numb nuts.

35. Danuelde says:

unique news on [url=]Xrumer Forum/url]

36. Tierarzt says:

Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I am impressed! Very useful information specifically the ultimate section🙂 I maintain such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thank you and good luck.

37. Galvanised Cattle Feeding Barrier says:

Wonderful items from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff prior to and you’re simply extremely wonderful. I really like what you’ve bought right here, really like what you are stating and the best way during which you are saying it. You are making it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can’t wait to learn much more from you. That is actually a terrific web site.