BALTIMORE (AP) — Fire officials say a natural gas explosion has leveled a house in Northeast Baltimore and injured a man.
Fire Department spokesman Chief Kevin Cartwright says firefighters were called to the 5800 block of Key Avenue early Thursday. Cartwright says when firefighters arrived, the home had been destroyed and there was a fire in the gas meter.
Cartwright says a man at the scene suffered three-degree burns to his arm and second-degree burns to his face and shoulder. He says the man was conscious when he was found and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
No other homes suffered damage.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)