Family & Friends Remember 12-Year-Old Killed In Shooting
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Right now, family and friends are gathering to remember the youngest victim of a quadruple shooting in Northeast Baltimore.
Gigi Barnett has the latest on the search for 12-year-old Sean Johnson’s killer.
So far police have no witnesses and no leads. This is a case that has not only baffled city detectives, but also the victim’s family and friends.
On Friday, Keishon Moore, 13, is going to see his best friend Sean Johnson, 12, for the last time.
“It’s going to be sad. Because every time I come outside, he’s the first person I see,” Moore said.
Last week someone shot and killed Johnson as he and three other boys sat on a friend’s porch in the 1700-block of Cliftview Avenue in Northeast Baltimore.
Moore remembers that night well.
“We were just walking down the street, and I came to the house to get something to eat. He went to his house, and they all went to the boy’s house and started watching a basketball game,” Moore recalled.
Shortly after that, gunfire rang out, striking the boys. One of the bullets pierced Johnson’s head. The 12-year-old lingered on life support a few days later.
Now the funeral is Saturday, but first the viewing at March Funeral Home, where friends and strangers are gathering to say farewell.
“He didn’t have a chance to live his life,” said Sylvia Wells. “He really hadn’t even started to live. It’s just terrible.”
Wells didn’t know Johnson or his family, and she doesn’t live in his neighborhood. But she heard about the murder and that police still have few witnesses, zero leads and no suspect.
It was enough to lure her to the funeral home to comfort Johnson’s family.
“He was doing the right thing,” Wells said. “He was home. He wasn’t out there selling drugs. The person who did this has to be punished. They might do it to someone else.”
The funeral is Saturday morning at First Apostolic Faith Church on South Caroline Street.
Anyone with information on this case can call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-LOCKUP.