Bladensburg Residents Displaced After Fire

BLADENSBURG, Md. (AP) — Some residents of a high-rise apartment building in Bladensburg are homeless after a fire that officials say was accidental.

The blaze broke out late Friday night on the top floor of an apartment building on the 5800-block of Annapolis Road. Officials say the fire was caused by unattended cooking.

Prince George’s County fire officials say eight families, 14 adults and two children were displaced. Most of the damage was confined to the apartment where the fire began, though three other units had smoke, water and heat damage.

The overall loss is estimated at $85,000.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

  • firesurvivors

    As a victim of a house fire, I feel great empathy for the victims in this fire. When a fire is not your fault its hard not to get angry. Unfortunately, I found out that many house fires are considered accidental and much of the evidence burns up. My thoughts are with the families.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Track Weather On The Go With Our App!

Listen Live