Md. Man Creates Sleep Alarm For Drivers And Traffic Controllers

BALTIMORE (WJZ)–If you’ve ever fallen asleep at the wheel you know how dangerous it can be. In recent months it’s even happened to some air traffic controllers.

Ron Matz reports a Maryland man may have the answer to what seems to be a growing problem.

Tony Roman may have the answer to falling asleep at the wheel. He’s selling the nap alarm, which is designed to keep drivers from nodding off.

“The nap alarm is a simple device which goes over the ear. It’s very comfortable,” Roman said. “If you’re driving and you get tired and your head starts to fall, the alarm goes off.”

Roman is teaming up with his sister to market the product after recent incidents of sleeping air traffic controllers. The nap alarm is selling for just $10.

Roman says it is a simple one size fits all to a problem that could affect just about anyone.

“It’s for people going on long drives, driving late at night, airline pilots, air traffic controllers,” Roman said. “I don’t know about you, but I would feel a lot safer knowing a pilot had one of these on at 30,000 feet.”

Roman is a resident of Dundalk. He says he has been in contact with AAA Mid-Atlantic to discuss his innovative product.

“As you know, thousands of people a year get into car accidents,” Roman said. “They die from waking up and swerving their cars and this simple little product could save somebody’s life.”

More from Ron Matz
Comments

1. M says:

Nice. But when did he come up with this idea? I bought two of these same devices for my husband about a year ago. Unless his has already been marketed for a while now, someone else beat him to it.

2. Pat Allen says:

My understanding of the story is that he created the solution by bringing it to the market he did not say that he invented it. There is a difference.

3. Kelly says:

This is great how do I get in touch to purchase this?

4. Herman Glimsher says:

THIS TYPE OF ITEM HAS BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR YEARS!!!!!!!

1. M says:

Thank you Herman! Someone else who realizes this. You can suggest the use of a product to someone, but you can’t take credit for the item. The article makes him sound like he created this wonderful product that will save everyone. Now I am all for helping people stay awake, drivers and air traffic controllers. But drivers have been using this for a long time, so its not something newly created. I just think that you give credit where credit is due and that is with the actual creater of the product.

1. Bill Mapp says:

Yeah, I remember these being sold back in the late 70’s or early 80’s only back then they looked like an era hearing aid. Seems like a pretty good device.

5. llramrod says:

We need a no TEXTING ALARM………….

6. Tony Roman says:

Fellow Commenters

My name is Tony Roman who did the story with Ron about the nap alarm. I have not or ever would make a claim to take credit for a product I never invented. If you read Ron’s article and watch the video closely you will see that nowhere in the article or video did I make a claim that I invented the product. It clearly states that we are selling it. I believe the confusion here is in the headline where it says we created the product which we did not.

For those of you who do not understand marketing what we do is research the products and bring them to the market with the rights to sell the products from the manufacturer. We are simply a distributor.

7. Tony Roman says:

This is Tony Roman.
    If you have further interest in this product feel free to contact me at safensoundsecuritysolutions@gmail.com.