Rockville Apartment Building Residents Evacuated After Carbon Monoxide Leak; 11 Taken To Hospitals

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County fire officials say eleven residents of a Rockville apartment building have been sickened by carbon monoxide.

Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham says firefighters were called to the 1200-block of First Street about 2 a.m. Tuesday for possible high carbon monoxide levels in the building. Rescue crews at the scene evaluated several residents and 11 were taken to hospitals.

Graham says none of the patients is in critical condition.

Graham says a malfunctioning hot water heater was to blame for the leak.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live