Fan Fight Inside M&T Bank Stadium Goes Viral

BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Caught on camera: a nasty fistfight inside M&T Bank Stadium this weekend between groups of football fans. The viral video has been seen by tens of thousands.

Derek Valcourt has the viral video and reaction from the NFL.

The incident is one of several this weekend at NFL games. And word of warning to parents: the video is violent.

Posted on YouTube, the action happens inside the stadium concession area. It began with a shove and then fists start flying. Pretty soon one Ravens fan is knocked to the ground–apparently unable to get up. The fighting continues as a woman screams for it to end.

“Stop it,” she said.

It’s several seconds before the melee is broken up and security rushes in to help. City police labeled it a common assault that happened as the game was letting out. They took both parties’ statements but made no arrests since the fight did not happen in their presence.

For their part, the Ravens organization would only issue a written statement, saying “We’re vigilant about security at our games and always looking for ways to better the fan experience. We will not tolerate that type of behavior.”

What happened at M&T Bank Stadium is the second football fan fight caught on camera this weekend.

Some 49ers and Oakland Raiders fans fought at Candlestick Park on Saturday night. That fight lasted 40 seconds before police arrived. Another man was nearly beaten to death in a bathroom there. And later that night, two men were shot in the stadium’s parking lot. Police are investigating those crimes.

“If we can identify season ticketholders who may have inappropriately left their seats or people that are acting unlawfully, we should hold them accountable,” said Mayor Ed Lee, of San Francisco.

The latest attacks come five months after the brutal beating of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow. The paramedic suffered severe brain injuries and remains hospitalized after he was attacked outside Dodgers Stadium, police say at the hands of two men who were dressed in Los Angeles Dodgers gear.

As for the fight in Baltimore, one of the participants was from Columbia, Md.; the other from Massachusetts.

Police believe alcohol was involved and say it’s up to each party to decide if they want to pursue criminal charges.

Baltimore City police say fistfights are common at any sporting event where alcohol is served, though it’s rare that those fights are caught on camera.

Comments

1. Tony Ross says:

SO WHERE ARE ALL THE RACIST COMMENTS?? I always find it humorist when the article is pertaining to white dudes and theres no outrage in the comments section. Yet if these dudes had been Black the ‘Planet of the Apes” references would have been non-stop.

1. fraught says:

Why do you think the KKK wears hoods? They are more skeered than those they threaten.

2. Michael Nauton says:

TONY …YOU KNOW OF WHAT YOU SPEAK !

3. Liberal Soldier says:

Many “toughguys” like to hide behind their keyboards and make racist comments they can’t backup.

4. spamwich says:

I’m not trying to be contentious but since you asked:

The willing participants in the contained fist fights were white.
      The two guys who shot a stranger in the stadium parking lot were black.
      The two guys who put a random fan in a coma in LA were hispanic.

2. Herman Glimsher says:

Police believe alcohol was involved

YA THINK!!!! THESE COPS ARE GENIUSES!!!!

THESE WHITE TRASH REDNECKS SHOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE GETTING INTO A FIGHT………………………I GUESS THEY DON’T CARE IF THEY KILL SOMEONE LIKE THAT GUY IN LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!

AND, WHERE ARE ALL THE BALTIMORE CITY POLICE THAT GET PAID DOUBLE-TIME TO WORK SECURITY AT THESE GAMES??? I GUESS THEY WERE STILL WATCHING THE GAME INSTEAD OF KEEPING AN EYE ON PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK!!!!!!!

1. Michael Nauton says:

WHITE TRASH RED NECKS CAN’T AFFORD RAVENS TICKETS .

1. PSL owner says:

Its Pre Season, I am sure that the tickets were given to them, I am a PSL owner and the trash that was sitting in the seats next to me, there is no way they would be at a regular season game.

2. katty1 says:

Exactly what is the annual income of a red neck and where do they live?

2. Sean says:

Of course, blame the cops 10 officers because they can completely watch the thousands of people that drank too much and stop everything before it happens. Of course, in your mind the police are always to blame, right?

3. PSL Owner says:

I have to agree, why do you see the City Police, State Police, and Toll Facilites Police standing on the sideline watching the game? Why is the Toll Facilites POlice even there?

3. doe22us says:

Yeah a lot of them wont be able to afford the in season tickets when the real games come around so i am good. Let liquored up “tough guys”act the fool.

4. rnm says:

The worst part was… 10 cops eventually come to break up the fight, but NOT ONE called for medical attention…. I witnessed the fight– and somehow was the first person to alert medics??? no good.

5. JIM DECK says:

Don’t always be beating the Black man down. The Black man has it hard in life . His rights aren’t equal,,,, sop picking on the Black Man

6. Willaim Clemmons says:

That was no fight that was two woman fighting over my BUDWEISER

7. JoeFromAACounty says:

THAT WHITE BOY IN THE PURPLE T-SHIRT WHO PUSHED THAT MUCH SHORTER GUY WAS THE ONE WHO GOT KO’D………………….AND HE DESERVED IT FOR PUSHING THAT GUY FIRST………….AND IF YOU LOOK, IT WAS A SHORT LEFT THAT KNOCKED HIM OFF HIS FEET…………..GLASS JAW………THAT’S TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!

WHAT A PUNK IDIOT!!!!!!!!

8. Mike says:

If you watch the video, you will see that there is a big difference between this fight and the ones you see with the blacks.
    In this one, there were no weapons, there were no guns, and noone was killed.
    The white guys used their fists and everyone went home and not to the morgue.

1. jen says:

Hey, ya got a point….

2. Tony Ross says:

Actually there is no difference a fight is a fight, and how many fights have you actually seen between black people or are you just going off the stereotype of a black fight. This comment further proves my point of the bias that you see from posters.

1. Mike says:

Tony Not one place did i mention race at all, you once again had to bring in the race war. I stated that the cops didnt see the fight therefore they can not do anything. Where did i mention black or white? Tony Id love to meet your kind face to face, more baltimore trash, White trash or black trash either way sir you provided enough for us to tell your trash.

2. Tony Ross says:

So since i cant reply to the idiot under me i’ll just reply off my own post. This shows you the low IQ of some of the people that post online. This guy Mikes whole post was in reference of how a black fight would have ended in a death yet he says he never mentioned race. Then because im from Baltimore im instantly labeled trash which further indicates his ignorance. He’s such a fool that he’s replying to me from a comment i never even replied to. You’re Intelligence can be distinguished from you’re words Sir

3. Liberal Soldier says:

I saw three on one. After the guy that started it got KOed. His two girlfriends both jumped the guy in the black shirt. Gone are the days when guys fought one on one. These girls fight like hyenas.

4. JQP says:

WOW, Tony, you are the most racist person commenting on this forum. In fact, you were the first commenter and the first thing you said brought out the racism in everyone else. Nice job. Maybe comment on the futility and senselessness of violence. Maybe mention the sadness and embarrassment their mothers must be experiencing having their grown children act like toddlers who can’t share a toy. My goodness. What a terrific hypocrite you turned out to be.

9. New Majority says:

Nasty dumb thugs!!!! Run them out of my city!!! Go back to England you animals!!! You all are the new minority!!! Cage them all!

1. Jose's On His Way says:

Will not be your city for long amigo. O’Malley knows you ain’t sh1t that’s why he is backing all my Latino brothers and sisters. We havet no problem moving into your neighborhood and we will clean it up. You blacks are too stupid to know when you have a good thing. We will take care of the city you have made into a ghetto. Viva Mexico!!!

1. rod says:

who said i wasnt a latino LMAO lololol
        Hi 5 Mi Amigo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. New majority my a$$. Once the government does the right thing and sends illegals back until they can legitimately come to my country, there will only be two of you left!

10. Jen says:

Really People? You are all ridiculous animals. The Ravens and the Chiefs both suck…

Stupid losers.

11. Leonard says:

I didn’t know the Chiefs had any fans. The only thing I have to say about color is “PURPLE POWER ALL DAY BABY!!!!!!!!”

12. T says:

Stupidity and problems controlling ones anger know no culture boundaries, so the racist talk here should probably stop. It serves no purpose.

I love my Ravens. Quit fighting in their house, jerks.

13. Zach says:

Animals are getting such a bad wrap in these comments.

14. LaDasha says:

Animals nothing more. I’m fed up with you people always bringing down blacks while whites do the same thing. If it was blacks involved there would be 100 posts, all negative. It just makes me sick.

15. Steve says:

Nice! Always good to see someone pick a fight who can’t take a punch! What a clown!

16. PSL Owner says:

ALL OF THE TRASH THAT IS THERE FOR THE PRE-SEASON GAMES, IS WHAT IT IS! I hope the PSL owners that either sold or gave these pieces of trash their tickets loose their PSLS!
    What an embarrasment! Come Sept. 11 we will do it all over again and I sure there will be more fights at the stadium.

Go Ravens!!!

17. adraine says:

CRAZY ASS WHITE PEOPLE ASS USUAL

18. Predayror says:

As I web-site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling magnificent , appreciate it for your efforts Mermaid Bedding
    . You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

19. BIG T says:

I love it that a whinning ars raven fan got ko ed. Should happen more often

20. BIG T says:

I love it that a whinning ars raven fan got ko ed. Should happen more often

21. thefan says:

Thank 105.7 The Fan for all the hits youtube got from this video!

22. Lisa from Towson says:

Anyone who attends these games are nothing more than trash. They probably don’t pay their bills so they can attend. This trash (all attendees) steal from their families for an outing to watch spoiled and pampered jocks perform.

23. Robin says:

Thank You Mike Black People Do Always Have To Use Something They Can’t Fight With Their Bare Hands Like White People. Cowards Thats Black People For Ya.

1. DWELLS says:

Please help me to understand, are you saying that these “white” people are better because they used their bare hands as opposed to black people who are cowards for using weapons? How about trying this on… The WHITE PEOPLE in this video and the BLACK PEOPLE we have seen in other videos are BOTH SHOWING THEIR INABILITY to resolve matters in a mature manner.
      Let’s not excuse the savage behavior of these “men” because they didn’t have weapons available to them at the time. If they were violent enough to GANG up on one guy, THREE TO ONE, what makes you think they wouldn’t have taken the fight even further if given the opportunity?
      I don’t give anyone a free pass for this type of gang behavior. But obviously Robin, you are willing to turn a blind eye when those gang members aren’t black. Cowards and gang members come in all colors. Apparently, I really dont need you to help me understand. I think I understand quite well from where you are coming. Oh the pressure you must be under being so DOMINANT and then having to keep that ILLUSION alive in your mind with your silly justifications that only you and other delusional folks in your circle grab hold to and try to pass off as THE TRUTH. Wake up sweety, you’re no better than anyone else.

24. roger dehaven says:

if the stadium oners stop thinking of money and stop serving alcohol at all stadiums most of this dumb stuff would not happen. want to drink stay the hell home.

25. DWELLS says:

26. plus de facebook like says:

hi!,I like your writing very a lot! proportion we be in contact extra approximately your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to resolve my problem. May be that is you! Looking forward to see you.