2 Firefighters Injured In Montgomery County Blaze
SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County authorities say a fire at an apartment building in Silver Spring has injured two firefighters and displaced about two dozen residents.
Fire officials say the blaze broke out on the top floor of the building in the 11400-block of December Way in the White Oak area about 12:30 a.m. Thursday. Authorities say one firefighter suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries, and the other suffered minor injuries.
Fire department spokesman Captain Oscar Garcia says the fire displaced residents from at least eight apartments. Garcia says the blaze also killed two cats.
He says the fire was caused by unattended cooking on a stove.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)