‘Who Was Steve Jobs?’ Michael Oher Asks Twitter…From His iPhone

BALTIMORE (WJZ) —  When it was announced Steve Jobs died Wednesday evening, many people turned to social media to mourn his passing.  Not Michael Oher, though.  He turned to Twitter to get answers, and he sure got them and some flak, too.

The Baltimore Ravens offensive lineman didn’t know who Steve Jobs was.

“Can somebody help me out? Who was Steve Jobs!” he tweeted.

Naturally, Oher posted the curious tweet from where else: his iPhone.

After it got on Deadspin and people started answering him, Oher didn’t believe people really knew who Jobs was.

“Wow you mean to tell me everybody knew who he was!!  Man get real so many fake ppl! Lol,” Oher tweeted.

Oher is the football player whose life was portrayed in the movie, “The Blind Side.”

ohertweet Who Was Steve Jobs? Michael Oher Asks Twitter...From His iPhone

Michael Oher's tweet on Steve Jobs.

1. Jeff says:

This just kind of shows how out of touch a lot of athletes are with society. I’m not going to say all athletes, but a lot don’t really know what’s gonig on in the world.

2. whatnow says:

Also he is still young. I didn’t get interested in the news and learning about the world around me until my mid to late 20’s. Also in sports, sometimes you have to have a one track mind. I remember years ago when the media asked the Redskins coach Joe Gibbs what he thought about Oliver North’s testimony and he didn’t know who Oliver North was. He said during football season, you can’t think about anything else if you want to win the Super Bowl!

3. Bernard Mc Kernan says:

Michael, that I-phone you’re tweeting on was from Apple & Steve Jobs. As recently as early this year Steve was fairly active when new product lines rolled out. Get a grip Mike & stop being so blindsided. Pun intended.

4. Tina Smith Baker says:

So what he didn’t know, I only came to know who he was because the media made such a big deal about his health. How many people really know who owns must companys. People have more important things to know and take care of, like their families. I bet Steve Jobs didn’t even know who Michael Oher is.

5. montres tissot pas cher says:

Magnificent web site. A lot of helpful info here. I’m sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you in your effort!

6. Laundry Soap for Hard Water says:

I have learn a few excellent stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you set to create this kind of magnificent informative web site.