Police Find Remains Of Missing 11-Year-Old

CLARKSBURG, Md. (WJZ) — The search for a missing 11-year-old is over. His body was discovered Tuesday morning, not far from the home he shared with his mother.

Andrea Fujii has more on the discovery and the investigation into the boy’s murder.

William McQuain’s young friends waited and worried. Now they have the heartbreaking answer they hoped they wouldn’t get.

The body of 11-year-old McQuain was found in a wooded area of Clarksburg near I-270, just a few miles from his home. His classmates heard the heartbreaking news from their principal Tuesday morning.

“Miss Davidson came on the announcer and said they found a body and it matches William McQuain and everyone was crying and it was just a tough day,” said classmate Roman Robertson.

McQuain had been missing for two weeks. Police found his mother Jane beaten and stabbed to death in their Germantown apartment last week. Her estranged husband, Curtis Lopez, was arrested in North Carolina with her car and her credit card; he’s now been charged with murder. From a nearby storage facility, police found surveillance video of Lopez with his stepson, who apparently was unaware his life was in imminent danger.

“He appeared to be running around, as you would expect a boy that age to do,” said Chief Thomas Manger, Montgomery County Police.

Police won’t say exactly what led them to his body, only that it was investigative information that led them to the woods in Clarksburg. Near the crime scene, a memorial to William McQuain grows as parents bring their children to pay respects to their young friend.

“I just wanted to cry. I was getting very emotional; that was like my best friend,” said Jamie White.

“I would rather remember him when we played football than this,” Jerell White said.

It’s a senseless murder that has those who loved William McQuain and his mother praying for justice.

“William was the greatest, most beautiful, wonderful, cheerful child in the entire world and there’s no reason that this should have ever happened to him,” said his former coach, Tamera Seonarian.

Curtis Lopez has waived extradition to Maryland. He will be charged with William McQuain’s murder once he is back in the state.

At this point, police have not said how William McQuain died, but say his body was covered with brush when they found him.

Comments

1. willy joe says:

We all knew that prick did it. Burn in hell for all eternity.

1. mo says:

yes he will burn in hell. God’s divine justice will prevail.

2. cms827 says:

Heartbreaking, I knew this would not have a good ending. What a coward, I just cannot fathom why someone would hurt a child, he needs to burn in hell,better yet he will get whats coming to him in prision worthless piece of human flesh.

3. Dori says:

RIP William your life was taken so short..

4. Billiam says:

He’ll have to burn in hell for eternity – but who knows how long that will be since we have a moratorium on the death penalty – Hey Martin, are you listening?

1. Krazy Bill says:

O’Malley doesn’t give a flying rat’s a$$ about this kid, or any Marylamd citizen. All our emperor cares about is getting elected to the senate or the white house. God help us all is this moron gets elected to any position of power in the federal government.

5. Judy says:

So sad, my heart is breaking for the loss of this young child who had nothing to do with the situation. I agree I beleive what ever he did to this child the same should be done to him~I am a firm believer in an eye for an eye!!! I pray for the family that has lost 2 of their loved ones.

6. PoopDoggeeDog says:

I was so afraid that William had been murdered, too… May he rest in peace with his Mom. God Bless Their Souls…

7. Mike Calo says:

Forget burning in hell. Bring back the electric chair and let Lopez burn. Several times.

8. Mike Calo says:

Actually, the title of this article should have been “heartbreaking news from WJZ”. Rest in peace, William; God be with you and everyone who loved you.

9. Chemistry says:

I feel all crimes should fit the punishment. If you take a life your life should not be speared. What was he thinging to take a life that didn’t even belong to him. He was not his to take. I hate the fact that this person can make me feel so much anger towards him. Load only knows how I resent the face that they are give him a trial to explain his unintelligent decision. Wow…. RIP Lil one your are now safe in the arms of your father.

10. Cindy Wood says:

I hope that he was deceased when he was put in the woods. I’d hate to think he ran away and died in the woods from something else. Rest in Peace sweet child.

11. Richard Perry says:

the Riiley coment show’s a real racist

12. twyatt says:

Come on people this blog is supposed to be about this sweet inocent boy who was taken from this world in a very sad way. Why is it necessary to try to pass judgement on who may have done it and what race they are? It doesn;t matter what their race is…… what they did is unacceptable. Why dont we all take a moment to think about that poor little boy!! Rest in Peace William!!!! May God bless you and Keep You in the palm of his hands.

13. Mary says:

So very sad that William was killed by that monster. He should have never gotten out of jail for that other serious crime that he committed. Forget the trial, let his stupid -ss go to the electric chair and torture that SOB.

14. whatnow says:

Domestically violent men, who take out their shortcomings in the world, on women and children come in all creeds, colors, religions, etc. There is no monopoly on this kind of crime. RIP little boy, at least you are with your mom again.

15. Janet says:

It’s sad to believe that someone would say this is race matter. A child & his mother’s life have been taken away for what? White…Black..Purple or Green doesn’t matter….we have a lot of sick people out there.

16. TIRED OF THE DRAMA says:

Mr. Perry we all have brains and use them this is not the forum for this subject at hand. Whether they were Black or White it was a senseless killing nonetheless. So this idiotic mess you speak should be put to a more of a constructive use

17. caw says:

these comments sicken me… and the people who can write such trash are not much better than the one who murdered this innocent child.

18. Sandee Thorn says:

God bless his soul and as for the animal that did this, bring him back to Maryland and put him in general population. The inmates will take care of the rest.

19. margaret says:

a child is gone rip little one and you mom tooo both of you
    it hurts my heart

20. dave says:

I hate to bring this up but why did mom chose to get with a man who spent a dozen years in jail and was on parole. I can only imagine what he’d done in his earlier lefy. Was this his son? He’s a piece of ,,,.!

21. Big C says:

Yo dis is wak! U don’t understand the street. If I smoke a fool it had 2 b done. Whites dont know the street.

22. PO PO PO says:

It is a shame that the suspect is going to be returned here.
    He will Not face the penalty that should come with this crime if his even found guilty

23. brian says:

Send him to Jessuo they are waiting for Mr,Lopez on steelside.

24. andy botwin says:

he won’t last a year in prison , the money to make sure is on its way!!!!!!!!

25. Sezmane says:

is this montgomery county another tragedy happened like this a few months ago involving a child if this guy has a profile well.

26. Jhune says:

God Bless his Angel Soul .His school 2miles from my House …May God Bless You and take you into his Heavenly House .

27. JQP says:

It often makes me cringe when some people take advantage of their first amendment rights… I mean, I guess the constitution doesn’t specify that you have to be smart to speak your mind…. you’re all restarted.

RIP little man. At least souls are colorless & God loves you regardless.

28. Sad Father says:

Should they be making the announcement over an intercom at his school or find some other more personal way of breaking the news. I would hate to hear an announcement that a friend has been murdered, especially in elementary school.

29. KeepingGodFirst says:

Oh God. I know that they are in a much better place now. I pray that You give their family and friends strength to learn how to live through this because losing a loved one is something you can’t get through…Give them the strength to live through it. Rest In Peace Mom and Child *God Bless*

30. God is Blue says:

souls have no color.

31. Louise says:

Why would the principal be so heartless as to make the announcement over the loud speaker?