22 Federal Indictments Announced After Massive Gang Bust

BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A major gang bust as dozens of people are named in a federal indictment. They’re accused of murders, violent robberies and drug deals around Maryland.

Adam May has more on this massive operation.

Federal officials believe this new indictment puts a major dent in one of the state’s most notorious criminal organizations.

They operate in just about every major jail and prison across the state of Maryland. The gang — Dead Man Incorporated (DMI) — is considered a major threat to public safety.

“This is a gang that allegedly began here in jails and prisons in Maryland, and now is operating on the streets and it has extended beyond the state,” Rod Rosenstein, Maryland U.S. Attorney, said.

Now, the area’s top law enforcement officials have announced 22 federal indictments. Charges include four murders, planning four additional murders, armed robbery, drug trafficking and extortion.

“DMI, for many years, has terrorized communities in Maryland,” Superintendent Marcus Brown of the Maryland State Police said.

The crimes were mostly carried out in South Baltimore, Northern Anne Arundel County and Eastern Baltimore County.

“DMI has been one of the most active gangs in Baltimore County, and this is a significant series of arrests,” Chief James Johnson of the Baltimore County Police Department said.

DMI’s “Supreme Leader” Perry Roark- also called Saho the Ghost– allegedly ran the criminal enterprise from behind bars using cell phones smuggled into the prisons.

Roark’s alleged accomplices went by nicknames Mom, The Fuehrer, Skinny Pimp and Fat Boy.

“We believe that the key to continuing reducing the violent crime and murder rate in Baltimore City and in the state is to target the gangs and the leaders who are fomenting this violence,” Rosenstein said.

Eleven of the defendants were already locked up in prison. Seven were apprehended in a roundup early Wednesday morning and four more are still at large.

If convicted, all the suspects face life in prison.

Comments

1. Baltimore County says:

No pictures of the gang members? Hmmmm… They must be white.

2. Mr Fight Back says:

Gangs are weak stupid punks! I’m one of the brave citizens who watches and snitches out gangs. Me and my neighbors in Owings Mills got rid of the Bloods! We are also very well armed and ready fight back for any retaliations. Ha! Ha! Ha! Who’s laughing now?

1. ricky g says:

yeah you hide ,guess you never been to jail im not in a gang but i know when to mind my buisness

3. sis says:

If you really think you can snuff out gangs that easily,you are truly naive. They have infiltrated all the prisons,and do their dirty work behind bars with phones,contacts,visitors,etc. State wide issue. This is great news but only the beginning of getting the evil out. Just one more reason why criminals should have NO privledges behind bars.

1. ricky g says:

guess you never made a mistake sis,ive been in prison half my life for something i finaly was found innocent they dont deserve wrights, people like you should’nt comment

1. sis says:

MOST criminals say they are innocent,even after getting caught! thats why they use DNA to prove innocence now. I stand by my no priviledges comment. Punishment isnt getting health care,meals,tv,recreation time. Most people have to work hard to have all those things. IF you were innocent,im sorry that happened to you,but,in most cases,the law is right on.

4. sis says:

And NO,Ive never made a mistake that warranted going to prison. I know the difference between right and wrong. No one owes me anything; i have to work for what I have,most people do. Where OTHERS think they are owed things without working for them. That leads to jailtime.

5. BRADY says:

Who gives any of you people to judge another human being … yet yet who has never sinned cast the first stone at those who have….so how dare any of you comment on a subject you truly,, and I MEAN TRULY KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT GO ABOUT YOU NORMAL DAY JOB AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND GET YOUR COFFEE IN THE MORNING……. YOU KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT IT IS LIKE TO COME HOME FROM PRISON FROM BEING CONVICTED OF A CHARGE THAT YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AND YET I HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE SO HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ANYBODY…….. LIVE YOU LITTLE PEON LIVES… AND DON’T YOU DARE COMMENT ON SOMEONE ELSE’S THAT YOU HAVE KNOW CLUE ON WHAT REALLY HAPPENED….

1. sis says:

This article is about INDICTMENTS AND BUSTS and there is a comment section. Its so easy to say one is not guilty and went to prison unjustly. Yes,that does happen BUT no one is naive enuf to believe that ALL prisoners are innocent. I know people that have committed horrific crimes and are where they should be,behind bars. I know VICTIMS and some are dead! Dont play the ‘cry me a river’ card with me.

6. Histruely says:

I agree with
    Brady. I’m going to leave it at that.