THURMONT, Md. (AP) — Frederick County Fire and Rescue officials say a man has been injured in a house fire near Thurmont.
The blaze was reported about 3 a.m. Wednesday on Catoctin Furnace Road. Fire officials say it was contained to the attic area and quickly extinguished.
The injured man, whom officials did not identify, was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore. His condition was not known.
Officials tell the News-Post of Frederick that the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction. Damage was estimated at $20,000.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)