Anne Arundel Council Votes To Vacate Jones’ Seat

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — The Anne Arundel County Council has voted to remove one of its members when he reports to federal prison next week to serve his sentence for not filing dozens of tax returns.

The Sun in Baltimore reports that the council voted 6-0 Tuesday night to make Daryl D. Jones position vacant when he reports to federal prison on Jan. 23.

Jones recused himself, calling it “legislation against me personally.” He told the council that he would continue to fight and make sure his district is not disenfranchised.

He pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge of failing to file almost three dozen personal and business tax returns over six years. He was sentenced to five months in federal prison, one year of probation and six months’ home detention.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

1. yousefthe giant says:

That arrogrant Jim Crow coon should have been fired & publicy disgraced at his trial.

2. josecanuc says:

I not be’s a criminal. I just be’s another brother trying to beat the system.

3. Sharon says:

He’s just another man doing what some men do….procrastination.

1. Bakhyt says:

Oh, this hits me in the bototm too.😉 I’m a fool too often, but I want to be wise. Absolutely something I am praying about. Many blessings, Kelly!

4. ballsohardclub says:

The coon in the room finally got the broom. Hooray!

1. Muskeg says:

My mother is just the oiosppte. One morning she had a massive GI bleed. I was not home, but she called me to tell me not to go to the store as planned on my way home. When I did get home I had a message on the machine that she was in the hospital. She hadn’t told me what was going on that morning because she wanted to call her doc first. Knowing that this was the one day of the week he was out of the office. His office staff was there though. Not one of them being a nurse however. *SMH*