WATCH WJZ @ NOON ON SATURDAY | The Army-Navy rivalry comes to Baltimore. WJZ has live pre-game ceremonies and the game.

Malfunctioning Electric Cord Blamed In Fatal Fire

ABINGDON, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say a malfunctioning extension cord caused a house fire that killed an 88-year-old Abingdon man.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says Saturday’s fire began in the second-floor bedroom. A passer-by who saw smoke called 911.

After about 60 firefighters put out the blaze, the body of John C. Youngblood was found in the second-floor bedroom.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner says Youngblood died as result of heart failure from experiencing fire and smoke conditions.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live