Lawyer For Alleged Serial Rapist Seeks Mental Exam

MANASSAS, Va. (AP) — A preliminary hearing for the man accused by prosecutors as the East Coast Rapist has been postponed after his lawyer requested a court-ordered mental evaluation of his client.

Authorities believe that Aaron Thomas, 40, is responsible for rapes and other attacks on 17 women from Virginia to Connecticut over the span of a decade.

A hearing had been scheduled for Wednesday in juvenile court in Manassas on the most recent attack — the Halloween 2009 abduction of three teenage trick-or-treaters in Woodbridge. Two were raped before Thomas was forced to flee.

Thomas’ court-appointed attorney, Ronald Fahy, said in a motion that Thomas has engaged in self-destructive behavior and refuses to communicate with him.

The hearing has been rescheduled for March 1. He faces up to life in prison.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. joethe coon hater says:

    He was smart enough to do these rapes & cover them up for a long time & get away with it, then he’s guilty enough to fry.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live