Family Overcome By Carbon Monoxide

FORT WASHINGTON, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s County police say a family of five is in critical condition after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide in their home.

Police say the family was found unconscious in the 8300-block of Bernard Drive in Fort Washington about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Authorities say they were called to the home by doctors at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington. Police say the doctors were treating a child who lives at the home and discovered high levels of carbon monoxide in the child’s blood.

The family of five, including two parents and three children, were taken by helicopter to a Baltimore hospital.

Police say they believe a malfunctioning natural gas furnace in the home was to blame for the carbon monoxide.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live