BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore fire officials say one person has been injured and four more are being treated for smoke inhalation in a two-alarm fire.
Officials say the fire broke out in an apartment in the 500-block of North Charles Street. The fire may be because of a pot of food on the stove.
When firefighters arrived, they found a victim who suffered second- and third-degree burns.
Firefighters rescued that person and extinguished the fire. The man, who has not been identified, was taken to Bayview Burn Center, where he is in serious condition.
Four other occupants are being evaluated for minor smoke inhalation.
The fire was confined to the apartment of origin on the 16th floor.
No one else was injured in the fire.