Police: 3 Siblings Killed In Harford Co. Car Crash

BEL AIR, Md. (WJZ) — A deadly accident leaves a family without three loved ones. Three siblings were killed in a horrific crash in Harford County.

Weijia Jiang spoke with the victims’ grandmother and has the latest on the investigation.

On a road just south of Bel Air, a family was ripped apart.

“I love my grandbabies. We were very close,” said Joan Baranoski, victims’ grandmother.

Baranoski lost all three of her grandchildren in one instant.

Brothers David Bauguess, 29, and Joseph Bauguess, 17, along with their sister Ashley Bauguess, 24, were killed Monday night.

The three siblings were “traveling southbound on Rt. 543 when they crossed a double yellow line and sideswiped a vehicle traveling northbound,” said Elena Russo, Maryland State Police.

Police say that’s when a third car smashed into the Bauguess car in a “T-bone” style crash.

Police say the impact was so hard, the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier split in half, and there was so much debris it littered one-tenth of a mile of the road.

Two others were taken to the hospital.

Back at the scene, a state police crash team is piecing together what happened.

“And they’re looking to see whether alcohol and/or speed were contributing factors in this crash,” Russo said.

A few miles away at their grandmother’s home, loved ones try to understand why.

“They were the greatest kids,” Baranoski said. “I loved them dearly. They were wonderful to me. They’d always hug and kiss me. David hugged me yesterday and said ‘I love you Nanny.’”

Police say the two others injured in the crash are in stable condition.

Comments

1. john mcnerney says:

Why is Channel 13 News taking such effort to not disclose who the driver was in the Bauguess car. It would appear that the news is trying to hide something.

2. john mcnerney says:

Why are you not disclosing the name of the driver that caused the accident? Is it because he/she was underage? If you are going to give the news, give all of the news. So typical of WJZ.

1. Dawn Bartley says:

First, condolences to the family…how awful to lose one child, but 3? I cant imagine. Second, why does it matter at this point who was driving the vehicle? It could very well be that they dont know who was driving…they have said the accident is still under investigation. Also, if the ages are correct on all victims, none of them are underage…

1. Sareyna says:

Amen

2. Melissa says:

They can’t tell who was driving. Literally. That’s how bad the accident was.

3. Ryan says:

due to the extent of the damage to the car, and 2 of the 3 priority 4 patients being ejected, they were/are unsure who was driving at the time.

3. Tracey says:

From what I read on another site, they said the two males were thrown from the vehicle so they are trying to determine who the driver was. No clue if it is accurate, but that could be the reason behind it. Apparently the girl had her seatbelt on and remained in the vehicle. Prayers to the family!

4. freddie says:

What is troubling is that WJZ-13 is playing god & squashing bloggers 1st amendment right of free speech no matter how you agree or disagree.

1. jim says:

you should take your 1st Amendment right and stick it where the sun don’t shine

1. gm says:

He should leatn to spell God with a capital G too.

2. TruthTeller says:

Apparently your brain is where the sun doesn’t shine. If you don’t agree with the First Amendment, move to China, Russia, North Korea, Cuba, or Venezuela. Moron!

2. RS says:

Unfortunately, free speech does not apply when you are posting on a web site such as this one, which is owned by a private party. It is completely up to them whether to let you post here.

5. KSO says:

Absolutely bizarre, i knew someone in the Bauguess family; and i send out my prayers for her and her family. This is so tragic, so upsetting. I’ve met Joey and Ashley once before. They were really nice people.. Joey is just too funny. Unbelievable having to bury 3 children.. Rest In Peace; ** Only the good die young **

6. freddie says:

Almost a mile of debris tells me that some serious speeding took place.

1. what? says:

1/10 of a mile not a mile

7. Melissa says:

I live along 543 and every single night as I’m trying to go to sleep I hear cars and motorcycles speeding up and down the road. I say a little prayer everytime I hear them speed by. Made me so sad when I heard the emergency vehicles go by and helicpoters come.

8. June says:

Dear Lord please be with this family in this great time of need. May it help comfort you to know they are in the arms of our father in heaven.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The songs of the birds for mryth
    One is closer to Gods heart in a garden
    Then anywhere else on earth

9. kathy says:

my prayers go out to this family. it doesnt matter who was driving. it doesnt concern us. i lost a child. i cannot imagine all of my children being taken away all in the same second. god bless you-the parents-the grandparents and the rest of the family.

10. SAD says:

GOD NEEDED MORE IN HEAVEN AND DECIDED THESE 3 WERE PERFIT FIT. WE DONT KNOW WHY . GOD LOVES HIS CHILDREN WANTED THEM HOME…

I PRAY FOR THE FAMILY TO SOME HOW FIND SOME PEACE AFTER LOOSING THESE 3 BEAUTIFUL BABIES.

BLESS THIS GRANDMOM- SOME GRAND PARENTS DONT CARE TO BE IN THEIR GRAND CHILDREN LIVES AND SHE WAS PREPARRED TO LET THEM LIVE WITH HER, WHAT A WONDERFUL PERSON GRAND MOM IS. GOD PLEASE PROTECT HER – HELP HER FIND PEACE IN HER MEMORIES.

11. Tammy says:

I AGREE – Who really cares who was driving the car! Three people have passed on and the family is left here to grieve. The reason I heard they were not syaing who wa driving was because the accident was SO BAD they could not tell! I am sure it was a horrific scene! I am just saddened lately by the amount of fatal car accidents, I am so glad to arrive home everyday to my family. People need to slow down and realize that they are NOT in a race nor do they need to be somewhere so quick that their life isworth sacrificing. It will still be there even if you are late and if not guess it was not meant to be.