Pit Bull Killed After Attacking Teens In Md.

GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County police say officers have shot and killed a pit bull that attacked two teenagers in the Gaithersburg area.

Police say they responded to Boulder Ridge Terrace on Tuesday night after receiving a report that two dogs had bitten a
15-year-old boy and a 14-year-old girl.

Authorities say a sheriff’s deputy and an officer tried to subdue one of the pit bulls with a stun gun, but the device failed.
Police say the dog continued to act aggressively and the officers fired shots at it.

The other dog was confined.

Police say both teenagers were taken to a hospital. The boy suffered arm and leg wounds and the girl suffered arm, leg and neck wounds.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

1. Donna says:

Did they shoot the owners?

2. Megan says:

why is that your ALWAYS hear about the “bad” things pit bulls do but NEVER the good things?!?! or the things that “other” breeds of dogs do wrong?

I am a PROUD, pit owner and my dog is wonderful. I understand that it is every dog but it just seems like this breed get all the bad rep!!!

1. Mary says:

I agree with you Megan, my sister in law has a blue pit bull and he is a lovable dog.

2. larryag says:

it is not a BAD REP , you people that own pits have ISSUES

1. MsPhillyG says:

You are the one with issues…get a life.

3. MsPhillyG says:

I am also a very very proud pit bull and pit bull mix owner and I agree the breed gets and they are absolutely wonderful. It is so sad to always just hear the bad things…that some do but its the owner’s fault. Ladies I am with you on all counts , but I am confused about Megan’s post at 12:27…I’m not sure if the comment got taken down or there was a miscommunication somewhere…who said, anything about race?