Ben Cardin Will Face Political Newbie Dan Bongino In Senate Race

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)—The stage is set for a big political race in Maryland. A face new to politics wins the GOP Senate primary. Daniel Bongino will challenge Democrat Ben Cardin for his Senate seat.

Adam May has an in-depth interview with the political newcomer.

Bongino admits running as a Republican in Maryland is going to be tough, but he thinks his message is strong.

Who is Dan Bongino?  He’s a former U.S. Secret Service agent.

The Severna Park resident helped protect our last three presidents. Now he is a Republican nominee for Senate.

May: “So when you saw those results come in last night, what was your reaction?”

Bongino: “I can’t describe it. I don’t think words adequately paint the picture.  It was a humbling experience beyond belief.”

Bongino is personable, loves to debate issues and says he’ll fight for the working class.

“You know, I grew up poor, eating bologna and Cheerios. It’s not fun.  The bologna would get stale and curl up,  you’d rip it off,” he said.

“I’ve been through some scraps in my life. I think we have the grey matter and the physical bonafideness to get through a tough race. I am looking forward to the November elections,” he continued.

Sitting Senator Cardin expects a lively campaign against Bongino.

“I don’t know a lot about him, but I know he’s embraced the Republican economic plan,” Cardin said.

The two disagree on taxing the wealthy, Obamacare and the energy policy.

Bongino also has skeptics in his own party.

May: “A high-ranking Republican in Maryland told me the problem with your campaign is that you have no political experience whatsoever.”

Bongino: “What is going up the ranks or so-called waiting in line? What has that done for you, really?  Taught you how to cut deals, so by the time you get to the U.S. Senate you’re skilled in cutting deals and selling out?” . . . “That is our biggest value and an asset that I have no political experience. Thank God.”

Most pollsters consider this Senate race a sure win for Cardin. Even a conservative political magazine said the race could be competitive, but probably not.

Comments

1. MD VOTER says:

With Cardin being endorsed by that group of losers I’ll vote for Bongino. It’s time to vote these life long politicians out, but with a state full of liberal democrats it’s unlikely.

2. Dawn-Michele says:

You guys at WJZ just don’t get it! your just as out of touch as our politicians! the fact that he is an outsider is the reason he will win! You all are so negative you set folks against him before they even know him! Booo for WJZ!

3. Dawn-Michele says:

WJZ is as clueless as the politicans are in this state… We The People want someone who is not a seasoned politician … We want a real person…you know like we used to have George Washington our greatest president was a real person not a politician…that is what is wrong with Washington DC now!

4. yousefthe giant says:

Cardin has been a career politican, time for him to go to work on that Oyster boat & do some real work for a change.

5. Rickter says:

Throw Cardin out. Really what has he done that’s in our interest and not his? I say it’s time for a new face with new ideals.

6. don thompson says:

No one needs to say “Republican’s can’t win”. That’s the reason we always lose.. Embrace Bongino and WE can win. I’ll be working for Ken Timmerman in the NEW Eighth!

7. essexman says:

May: We elected a president with absolutely no experience, oh! I forgot he was a community organizer and a part time senator.
    Please keep in mind Cardin voted for Obamacare and follows democrats blindly.

8. wise up Md says:

cardin loves the entitlement crowd..he’s throws them a bone…that keeps him in the elitest status….and he doesn’t have to be around them

9. queen says:

That Hebrew prick has to go.

10. Janet High says: