Officials: Fatal Fire Started On Kitchen Stove

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — The Hagerstown Fire Marshal’s Office says an apartment blaze that killed a woman and her 3-year-old daughter was started when a burner on a kitchen stove was turned on.

Patricia Goins died in the April 18 fire; her daughter Hope died four days later. Hope’s father and grandfather were injured in the fire.

Officials said Monday that it was unclear how the burner was turned on because storage in front of the stove prevented access to the control knobs.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live