wjz-13 all-news-99-1-wnew 1057-the-fan 1300logo2_67x35
FOOTBALL FRENZY: The Ravens Face The Bengals Sunday At 1 p.m. | Stats & Recaps | Play The Pro Football Challenge | Ravens News | Upload Your Purple Pride Photos | View Gallery | Knockout Pool

Local

Man Burned While Lighting Homemade Grill

View Comments
WJZ Logo

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

WALDORF, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a Waldorf man set himself on fire while trying to light a homemade barbecue pit.

Bruce Sharp, 45, is being treated for non-life threatening first- and second-degree burns. The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says he was burned on about half his body.

The office says Sharp was injured while igniting a 270-gallon barrel that had been converted into a grill. Vapors from the
flammable liquid caused a flash that burned him.

Sharp drove himself to a local hospital but was transferred to the burn unit at Washington Hospital Center.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,190 other followers